Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my EV6 GT-Line RWD, Yacht Blue, yesterday from Scotty at Cumberland Kia in Cookeville, TN. After talking to dealers who wanted $10-15K over MSRP, these folks actually wanted to sell me a car. I could live with the price they offered, and they also gave me a fair trade-in allowance. Finally, I live about 5 hours away, so they had a driver meet me half-way, no extra cost. They apparently do a lot of out-of-state sales, and I would recommend checking them out. They were very straightforward to deal with.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was less than $5K above MSRP, but they also gave me a much better trade-in valuation than the other dealers I talked to. So in my mind, the net was less than $1K over MSRP, or that's how I justified it. :) The best I got from the other dealers I spoke to was more than $8K over with trade-in eval at $6K less than what I got. There were a number at $10K+ who wouldn't budge at all. I had nearly given up until Cumberland came in with something I could live with.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It was less than $5K above MSRP, but they also gave me a much better trade-in valuation than the other dealers I talked to. So in my mind, the net was less than $1K over MSRP, or that's how I justified it. :) The best I got from the other dealers I spoke to was more than $8K over with trade-in eval at $6K less than what I got. There were a number at $10K+ who wouldn't budge at all. I had nearly given up until Cumberland came in with something I could live with.
The bottom line is that you are happy with the overall deal with the trade-in. Enjoy the car. I'm still waiting on my FE :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad I did it... It's a great car. I think it was Scotty at the dealership I bought from who pointed out that conditions weren't likely to get better, with no immediate increases in supply and rising interest rates.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bottom line is that you are happy with the overall deal with the trade-in. Enjoy the car. I'm still waiting on my FE :(
I still don’t get the FE mess that Kia has created. Why would a FIRST edition show up so late? Also, shouldn’t there be more gratitude/acknowledgement of the early faithful? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Australia QLD a dealer wanted a Dealer Delivery fee of $8,000 (5700 USD) for a EV6 GT-line RWD. They wouldn't budge. Its a demand/supply thing which I get but Kia HQ should not be advertising prices if they are not real prices hey. Australian websites here quoted $76,000 last month. And no KIA App here yet either it seems. Apparently only 500 EV6s will hit our shores this year.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
222 Posts
My deal is similar. They started at $10k, then $7500, $5000, then under that. They also gave me muck better trade-in and the finance rate dropped 1.7%. By my calculation, it was about $500-$1000 over MSRP. And it was literally exactly the GT-Line (RWD) I wanted. Didn’t need to order and wait, or travel some 5-6 hrs to the closest dealer doing MSRP to get a similar one.

The other two dealers in town wouldn’t budge on the $10k-$15k over. Just plain stupid and greedy dealership owners, giving the entire Hyundai umbrella brands a huge black eye.

Like the OP, a deal I could live with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my EV6 GT-Line RWD, Yacht Blue, yesterday from Scotty at Cumberland Kia in Cookeville, TN. After talking to dealers who wanted $10-15K over MSRP, these folks actually wanted to sell me a car. I could live with the price they offered, and they also gave me a fair trade-in allowance. Finally, I live about 5 hours away, so they had a driver meet me half-way, no extra cost. They apparently do a lot of out-of-state sales, and I would recommend checking them out. They were very straightforward to deal with.
Guys shop around dealerships, there are markups ranging from 0 Markup to over 8K markup. The Dealership that I went to had a markup of $1995 another dealer had 0 Markup, but the dealer with the $1995 up extended the 10 year 100000 mile powertrain warranty to a 20 year 200000 mile warranty. To me that was worth the 1995 markup. Shop around, there are deals out there.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
37 Posts
True, but does anyone? They called me when they had one coming in. I got mine by asking around to dealers within a 2-3 hour radius and getting my name on a call list. That method might not suit everyone but suited me. Just offering a name in case someone else wanted to get on their call list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On Youtube Out of Spec Reviews, I saw a purchase from a dealer in Green Bay, WI. Buyer purchased it online at MSRP, flew in to pick it up and drove it down to Texas. He mentioned the dealer. I called. Did not have the GT-Line so asked to be called when one comes available. Just got the call and put in my deposit to pick it up when it arrives in May. Will be driving down to Georgia! I think the dealer is to come and pick me up from the airport. Buying at MSRP is possible and a road trip is welcome for me :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
On Youtube Out of Spec Reviews, I saw a purchase from a dealer in Green Bay, WI. Buyer purchased it online at MSRP, flew in to pick it up and drove it down to Texas. He mentioned the dealer. I called. Did not have the GT-Line so asked to be called when one comes available. Just got the call and put in my deposit to pick it up when it arrives in May. Will be driving down to Georgia! I think the dealer is to come and pick me up from the airport. Buying at MSRP is possible and a road trip is welcome for me :)
The blue GT-Line? I called over the weekend about that one and they said it was already spoken for. Guess that was you😀.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind eAWD Technology Pkg
19 Posts
I juggled over a dozen dealers and ended up paying above MSRP, because the only dealer that doesn’t employ market adjustments adds $1500 worth of crap to the car that is non-negotiable.

So we bought our car one state over for the least amount we could find over invoice, plus $140 to get runway red instead of glacier (that was a different dealer back in our home state), which was ultimately more than the $1k I set out to accept, but still they met the number I was asking rather than the other way around, and given the amount of arm-twisting, calls, emails, texts, and visits I did, I’m not sure the extra work was even worth saving money, other than bragging rights. They also let me use my bank loan when their financing options couldn’t match my bank’s rate, despite the loss that meant for them. Pretty happy overlap with how it turned out.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
189 Posts
That buyer is on the forum. He is EZpotato. He has done some beautiful mods on his EV6.

·
Registered
131 Posts
True, but does anyone? They called me when they had one coming in. I got mine by asking around to dealers within a 2-3 hour radius and getting my name on a call list. That method might not suit everyone but suited me. Just offering a name in case someone else wanted to get on their call list.
Wow I wish I had called them at the start. Talked with the sales manager and was one of the best conversations I have ever had with a car dealer. Went above and beyond to help me and tried to look for the trim I wanted in the system at dealers on the east coast. Am tempted to just order with them and wait the extra month over my order I placed with another dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts