Kia EV Forum banner

New guy - US EV6 Reservation - Midwest

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Waynerm002 
#1 ·
Hey all. New here but been around for a while. Been selling Kia's for 20 years, driving them for 18, and a moderator on the KiaStinger.org and KiaTelluride.org forums.

Should be getting some updated details on everything state-side here in the near future that I'll share once I get it!

#2 ·
Thank you for that MurlinatoR.

Do you think that most dealerships will try and mark up the EV6 FE price $3000 to $5000 over the $58,500 price?
I moved my reservation from a larger dealership to a small home town one to hopefully avoid that. I know the GM pretty good at the mega lot and he said that he usually sticks an additional $3000 on top of vehicles that he "knows" that he can move. Also, I changed my color from Glacier White to Steel Gray Matte.

This smaller lot is the same one that my mother in law picked when doing her reservation for a Glacier White FE EV6. Maybe with two coming to this mom and pop lot, I can actually get the $58,500 price on mine.

#3 ·
Hey MailMan13, happy Tuesday.

So, I honestly believe that most dealers will sell the reservations at MSRP. Many of them will have "packages" that they will add to it like door edge guards or pin stripes.

Also, the MSRP of $58,500 is EXCLUDING destination from Kia. I believe I read that on the website. Just wanted you to be aware. Expect the real MSRP to be around $59,900ish with floor mats and destination included.

#7 ·
Looking for full list of options on US first edition model

I reserved my EV6 first edition,
But now I am looking to find a list of all options the car will have. It says on Kia’s website ( it features a unique combination of our best features ) .From what I can figure the price of a first edition is going to be very close to the price of the GT line S all-wheel-drive which is almost fully loaded
which has ventilated seats and a few other goodies . It would be nice to be able to compare the first edition to the GT LINE S.
For the same price I would be willing to wait for a vehicle with more options if that was the case.

#11 ·
Dealers like that are why many folks has a dislike for the car shopping process. I think the subscription plan that Volvo and other places are putting together, will succeed and kill off the old dealership model. Some of the tactics they pull these days are so ridiculous, folks end up going someplace else. When I was shopping for the e tron, the first place wanted $10K down, plus bumped the money factor a couple of percentage points, to achieve the payment that Audi listed on their site.

The old car sales model needs an overhaul, with EVs not requiring the kind of service as ICE vehicles, they will have to rethink how to make a profit.

#13 ·
This I have found to be true at some dealers, typically the ones that are trying to rip you off. Mega dealers are out to move a lot of cars and typically you can get a better deals there. Smaller shops tends to apply all the tricks, pin stripes, window tint, vin etching, market adjustment, etc.. These folks want to start price negotiation at the "bump sticker" price with the add ons, even when the vehicle you are viewing doesn't have any of those items applied. I have gotten better deals from other dealers that are not on the Costco list for KIA's and scored even better at other brands, without it.

For the First Editions, I seriously doubt there will be a Costco incentive for them. If the cars are slow selling or they want to improve sales, the manufacturer will offer more incentives and you will find other entities, Costo, etc., offering incentives as well. We will have to wait until the car is in the market to know for sure how this will pan out. Plus, how the chip shortage will affect this as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.