Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from Speak EV forum.

Just a heads up the Official Kia Update site has a new Infotainment update (Maps etc) for the EV6. Update version 14th Dec 2021 to replace the current latest one 17th Nov 2021.
Rumours are it's adding OTA updates for maps going forward as that was promised but people are still downloading and installing so no confirmation yet. Some users installing now to see whats changed if anything :)

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Got this from Speak EV forum.

Just a heads up the Official Kia Update site has a new Infotainment update (Maps etc) for the EV6. Update version 14th Dec 2021 to replace the current latest one 17th Nov 2021.
Rumours are it's adding OTA updates for maps going forward as that was promised but people are still downloading and installing so no confirmation yet. Some users installing now to see whats changed if anything :)
Funny, update does not seem to be showing when I went to the site. Have I got the right page: Official Kia - Navigation Update Website ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I found the same. It popped up on the Mac/Windows updater software this morning for a user over at SpeakEV. The data file confirms it's a new one 211214. not showing on the update site, seems only on the installed computer software...

·
Registered
43 Posts
It only shows when you open your update app on your PC or Mac

Bug fixes only not even a new map so not really worth a 36gb download

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe there are fixes under the hood though, maybe OTA updates enabled. Would be great if they documented what has been fixed/added etc :) Worthing keeping an eye on the app rather than the updated site notifications.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the image of the fixes above it seems there are various things there.

Appupgrade (what app....)
Fireware/Modem updates?/ front key?. Moden? OTA enabled now?
images (probs for UI and other sections)
New UI (Further updates)
Nav updates (Maps and UI likely)

Maybe more stuff on that lists

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking at the image of the fixes above it seems there are various things there.

New UI (Further updates)

No OTA is still turned off in developer settings

You get all those files if there is an update or not

Not seeing any changes at mo except weather is now back on home screen

·
Registered
33 Posts

New UI (Further updates)

I suspect it puts the entire HU software in the upgrade - so some of those files may be unchanged. I was going to compare the files with the last update - sadly the old USB is in the car , which is at the dealers having the heating fix so I can't

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahh ok got it, soo all those files are in every update. Must be something different in there :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
No OTA is still turned off in developer settings

You get all those files if there is an update or not

Not seeing any changes at mo except weather is now back on home screen
Has the energy distribution display come back ? ( driving/electronics/HVAC/Battery care)

Also this might be the preconditioning fix that was mentioned in the kia/myenergi correspondence to be coming before Xmas.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has the energy distribution display come back ? ( driving/electronics/HVAC/Battery care)

Also this might be the preconditioning fix that was mentioned in the kia/myenergi correspondence to be coming before Xmas.
The energy distribution screen is in same place as last update you need to go through meny in energy screen to get to it.

Vehicle Car Plant Automotive design Personal luxury car

Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Audio equipment

·
Registered
33 Posts
After I upgraded mine this month. it disappeared off energy information and instead showed a screen of estimated charging times and limits instead.

I'll update again when I've got the car back

·
Registered
81 Posts
The energy distribution screen is in same place as last update you need to go through meny in energy screen to get to it.

View attachment 1278

View attachment 1279
Any way to find out if I am actually downloading the correct update? I am on pc on the navigator app and it’s downloading something but I can’t find an actual version number of anything.
All I know is that it’s about 27gb download but says it requires 52gb of space?

EDIT : sorry I got it, was a version file and it’s a new version from the nov update.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know, it would be great to know for sure, I can only presume the program downloads the lastest, 27GB is a fair chunk of download.

·
Registered
81 Posts

View attachment 1278

View attachment 1279
Did you notice any change in range when you done the update?

when I started I had 82% battery. Range was 225 no climate and 197 with climate

when I finished 35 mins later battery was 79%. Range was 195 no climate and 15with climate.

car sat on driveway in same temp the whole time.
So somehow have lost quite a bit of range whereas as the ignition was on the whole time you would expect Range to maybe go up as the battery was heating for 35 minutes!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you notice any change in range when you done the update?

when I started I had 82% battery. Range was 225 no climate and 197 with climate

when I finished 35 mins later battery was 79%. Range was 195 no climate and 15with climate.

car sat on driveway in same temp the whole time.
So somehow have lost quite a bit of range whereas as the ignition was on the whole time you would expect Range to maybe go up as the battery was heating for 35 minutes!
I ran the update whilst I was driving so range and SOC were going down whilst I was driving for the 45mins it took for infotainment to come back to life so can't really say if its changed

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ran the update whilst I was driving so range and SOC were going down whilst I was driving for the 45mins it took for infotainment to come back to life so can't really say if its changed
Ah ok fair enough. Would be good to see if you think there has been any long term change to range since the update. Say next time you do a charge.
A few miles here and there wouldn’t bother me but seemed to drop around 40 miles for 3% battery which doesn’t seem right!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found the consumption screen. Turns out if you have split screen then you get the battery screen - I spotted that as it was showing V2L settings as I had a heater in the back - tried scrolling up down/left right and then turned off split screen and there was the menu for consumption!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe you can get to the consumption screen by just taping on the car. I can't check now because I'm updating but I'm pretty sure.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts