Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Like most ppl I took advantage of the used car market pricing and sold my 2017 Dodge Journey to Carvana.

I was looking for a sedan (Accord, Camry, K5) and stumbled across this little EV. The more I look at the more I like it, It reminds me of my first car 02 Civic Si "EP3"

Anyways I found a dealer down here that wasn't charging a ridiculous amount over MSRP and as of now I'm just waiting a couple months for it to ship

I hope I can learn some cool KDM EV stuff and buff up on general car knowledge and care... bcuz well Dodge Journey's don't really ever have a cool connotation

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Guys,

Like most ppl I took advantage of the used car market pricing and sold my 2017 Dodge Journey to Carvana.

I was looking for a sedan (Accord, Camry, K5) and stumbled across this little EV. The more I look at the more I like it, It reminds me of my first car 02 Civic Si "EP3"

Anyways I found a dealer down here that wasn't charging a ridiculous amount over MSRP and as of now I'm just waiting a couple months for it to ship

I hope I can learn some cool KDM EV stuff and buff up on general car knowledge and care... bcuz well Dodge Journey's don't really ever have a cool connotation
6 year EV owner (Chevy BOLT EV) and now added a Kia EV6 GT RWD.. you've come to the right place. These forums are great for finding out all kinds of things about your car and EVs in general. You will likely want to be come a member of Electrify America (EA) to take advantage of the free 1000 kWh charging you get with your car but no rush, you can do it in minutes after you get your car and the PROMO CODE but I had to enter it under PREMIUM OFFERS on their site. BET you are gonna love your EV and you will get used to NOT buying gas or getting oil changes and doing some of your charging at home! If you don't know KIA doesn't automatically include a home charger (which is nutty) but they are easy to buy (Amazon) as aftermarket devices (ca $300 & up). I would recommend a 240v, 6.6 to 7.2 kWh portable or wall mount for gaining ca 20-25 miles of range per hour of charge.. perfect for most overnight needs. You will need a 240v 30 amp or 50 amp circuit) BUT their are devices you can use with a clothes dryer plug that allow auto-switching (Brand name Split Volt). 120v chargers "work" but are painfully slow. Get your EV BUZZ going!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts