Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum family, happy to be here. I foolishly quoted the words that I Would ”never, ever buy a KIA” Yet, here I am after seing some amazing Numbers. Otherwise avid Porsche driver. Order down tomorrow (Sweden) del date atleast 12-14 months, colour does not seem to be an issue, yet I am having problems deciding. LOVE the moonscape but are put of by the shere work needed, left are volcanic red (favorite) with White pearl as runner up. White goes well with GT yellow but, i am afraid that it Will look a bit bland. Any tips, dear fellow EV6 riders? Also, not sure weather or not the pump is availible but is it worth adding?
Ps as the demo car doing be availible until oktober i post some pics from a recent trade show, GT in Pearl is not that bad either😊
Best regards
Jonas

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear forum family, happy to be here. I foolishly quoted the words that I Would ”never, ever buy a KIA” Yet, here I am after seing some amazing Numbers. Otherwise avid Porsche driver. Order down tomorrow (Sweden) del date atleast 12-14 months, colour does not seem to be an issue, yet I am having problems deciding. LOVE the moonscape but are put of by the shere work needed, left are volcanic red (favorite) with White pearl as runner up. White goes well with GT yellow but, i am afraid that it Will look a bit bland. Any tips, dear fellow EV6 riders? Also, not sure weather or not the pump is availible but is it worth adding?
Ps as the demo car doing be availible until oktober i post some pics from a recent trade show, GT in Pearl is not that bad either😊
Best regards
Jonas
Im quite liking the white actually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On a GT? Or are you thinking GT line? Not saying you're wrong but I only had 3 options for colour on a GT, matte grey, black and white
As youve already mentioned, just the White/black and grey for the UK Spec GT.

Shame that.

Black would look pretty smart but would be too much work. My wifes Volvo in black is a mess and vowed not have another black car.

The grey appears to be hard work too but in a different way. Id like to know if this is true from anyone owning a matt colour.

The White looks pretty good too,

Id choose grey if it wasnt for the graft it takes to keep tidy, so i understand.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like a colour that makes all the contrasting bits pop.
The matte grey looks nice in photos, but up close I prefer a gloss finish.
The blue looks fantastic, and I imagine it would pair nicely with the yellow/green brake calipers (does the GT come in blue? I haven't seen photos of that), but the black bits of trim almost disappear (at least in photos).
Red still shows the black trim pieces ad looks ok with the calipers, but the light bar and reflectors on the back blend in. Some might prefer it that way, but I like contrast.
So for me white is my colour of choice. It's a bit boring in some ways, but really shows all the accents, highlights and trim pieces on the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am anxiously awaiting my Runway Red GT-Line here in India expected to be delivered in a few weeks 🤞. The one displayed in the KIA showroom looked great even after checking the color out over a couple of visits to make sure it was not an impulsive decision. IMHO bright colors work well on the EV6, darker ones not so much. My favorite was the Alpine White but it is not available as an option here nor even on the GT-Line if I’m not mistaken. I ruled out Moonscape like you as it would be a nightmare to maintain in all the dust here but you don’t have that problem in Sweden. Apparently there are some coatings available to make it easier to maintain matte finishes if you still fancy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Morning!

yes for sure, we have these to chipsen from on a GT here in Sweden

On a GT? Or are you thinking GT line? Not saying you're wrong but I only had 3 options for colour on a GT, matte grey, black and white

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for Good input! Yes the dust is not a problem here, although I am afraid of How the paint Will look in the long run, ie after stones and such, since i imagine that this Will be permanent damige impossible to repair once damaged

[tQUOTE="tvarad, post: 63066, member: 7142"]
I am anxiously awaiting my Runway Red GT-Line here in India expected to be delivered in a few weeks 🤞. The one displayed in the KIA showroom looked great even after checking the color out over a couple of visits to make sure it was not an impulsive decision. IMHO bright colors work well on the EV6, darker ones not so much. My favorite was the Alpine White but it is not available as an option here nor even on the GT-Line if I’m not mistaken. I ruled out Moonscape like you as it would be a nightmare to maintain in all the dust here but you don’t have that problem in Sweden. Apparently there are some coatings available to make it easier to maintain matte finishes if you still fancy it.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like a colour that makes all the contrasting bits pop.
The matte grey looks nice in photos, but up close I prefer a gloss finish.
The blue looks fantastic, and I imagine it would pair nicely with the yellow/green brake calipers (does the GT come in blue? I haven't seen photos of that), but the black bits of trim almost disappear (at least in photos).
Red still shows the black trim pieces ad looks ok with the calipers, but the light bar and reflectors on the back blend in. Some might prefer it that way, but I like contrast.
So for me white is my colour of choice. It's a bit boring in some ways, but really shows all the accents, highlights and trim pieces on the car.
Thanks for Good input! It does come in blir aswell here in Sweden, all in all i am also considering the White pearl although it is, a close call 😅

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts