Kia EV Forum banner

Are you totally satisfied with your EV6 package

• Yes - 💯 % - was a good value and meets or exceeds expectations

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • Sorta - 🤔 - it’s a great car, though I didn’t get the setup (color, drive, seats, etc.) tho happy

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Not really - 🤷 but as close as I could get & the car is great in any color, drive, setup = satisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wish I didn’t get an EV6 @ all 🤬 - dealers & the brand sux!

Votes: 0 0.0%

New owner - thanks to this group - what mods? what accessories?

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Ian Mac 
#1 ·
We’ll, it’s been done and I could not be more pleased and excited. I picked up my Yacht 🛥 Blue GT-Line 🏁 AWD yesterday! This forum has been fantastic! From EV finder and EV markup tracker - to all the tips and tricks and hidden gems. Thank you fellow nerds 🤓 - we shall inherit the earth.
Before pickup - it’s been all me - combing this forum and seeking the good fight to find my setup @ MSRP. We drove across the Shenandoah foothills to see her, gleaming at the top of a hill in WV. The phone calls and e-mails had a sense of satisfaction- tho driving up, was better than expected. Love that blue in a bright spring sun show. So far - it’s got the boss ofthe house as interested in EV6 videos and SOC 🔌 strategies as me. She’s getting changed and going down there to “play” with the settings/setup right now. (An hour b4 we need to leave) And to be sure - those of you with strong feelings toward model, color, and/or feature - honor that feeling. I’m glad I made the wait. Really wanted blue, really wanted white seats. Really wanted a sporty feeling AWD. Turned back the FE due to a mixed package that didn’t actually scratch my itch - certainly not at $2900 premium. This car - this set up - makes me hum!
What now? Feel excited and inspired to keep learning this thing and how best to keep efficiency balanced with blasting off the line at stoplights. It just looks fast - so it should go fast 💨 (just not all the time!) I originally thought I wanted to swap wheels to all black… I’m finding I love the wheels - ‘specially the 20” in the body color arches. So - no swap planned. The only thing I’m sensing is, maybe 🤔 those calipers in red or black? Anyone have good fortune trying that? I’ll likely blacken snout & tail badges, and light (legal) tint to front windows. Anybody else see/feel major mods that really pleased them?

See less See more
#2 ·
We’ll, it’s been done and I could not be more pleased and excited. I picked up my Yacht 🛥 Blue GT-Line 🏁 AWD yesterday! This forum has been fantastic! From EV finder and EV markup tracker - to all the tips and tricks and hidden gems. Thank you fellow nerds 🤓 - we shall inherit the earth.
Before pickup - it’s been all me - combing this forum and seeking the good fight to find my setup @ MSRP. We drove across the Shenandoah foothills to see her, gleaming at the top of a hill in WV. The phone calls and e-mails had a sense of satisfaction- tho driving up, was better than expected. Love that blue in a bright spring sun show. So far - it’s got the boss ofthe house as interested in EV6 videos and SOC 🔌 strategies as me. She’s getting changed and going down there to “play” with the settings/setup right now. (An hour b4 we need to leave) And to be sure - those of you with strong feelings toward model, color, and/or feature - honor that feeling. I’m glad I made the wait. Really wanted blue, really wanted white seats. Really wanted a sporty feeling AWD. Turned back the FE due to a mixed package that didn’t actually scratch my itch - certainly not at $2900 premium. This car - this set up - makes me hum!
What now? Feel excited and inspired to keep learning this thing and how best to keep efficiency balanced with blasting off the line at stoplights. It just looks fast - so it should go fast 💨 (just not all the time!) I originally thought I wanted to swap wheels to all black… I’m finding I love the wheels - ‘specially the 20” in the body color arches. So - no swap planned. The only thing I’m sensing is, maybe 🤔 those calipers in red or black? Anyone have good fortune trying that? I’ll likely blacken snout & tail badges, and light (legal) tint to front windows. Anybody else see/feel major mods that really pleased them?
First of all CONGRATULATIONS !

I am eagerly waiting to finally get my EV6 GT-Line ( or the GT-Line S, I am still looking for that ) ! I wanted to ask, what is this "EV Finder" and "EV Markup Tracker" that you speak of ? Thank you !

#3 ·
First of all CONGRATULATIONS !

I am eagerly waiting to finally get my EV6 GT-Line ( or the GT-Line S, I am still looking for that ) ! I wanted to ask, what is this "EV Finder" and "EV Markup Tracker" that you speak of ? Thank you !
Search for your EV6 in a particular radius, in stock, coming soon, price range and color.
Find dealers and crowdsourced price adjustment to MSRP in the US.
Essential for those still shopping.

#4 ·
Congrats on your Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD! I hope you'll love yours as much as I do mine. Yacht Blue looks great on the car. As for mods, I went 30% tint on the front windows and 20% on the back. Looks and feels much better and should help in the Texas Summer. I'm gearing up to paint my calipers next weekend, hopefully. I ordered Yacht Blue (DU3) paint from G2 so that it'll match. I was on the line between red & blue but my neighbor helped make the deciding vote. :D Check out @ezpotato's MODs post My progress so far (a few mods) He's done a lot and is still going! I'll probably look at adding mud flaps and a rear-diffuser but I don't think I'll black out any of the emblems and such. We'll see!

Good luck with your new ride and let us know how it goes and what mods you install!

#5 ·
Congrats on your Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD! I hope you'll love yours as much as I do mine. Yacht Blue looks great on the car. As for mods, I went 30% tint on the front windows and 20% on the back. Looks and feels much better and should help in the Texas Summer. I'm gearing up to paint my calipers next weekend, hopefully. I ordered Yacht Blue (DU3) paint from G2 so that it'll match. I was on the line between red & blue but my neighbor helped make the deciding vote. :D Check out @ezpotato's MODs post My progress so far (a few mods) He's done a lot and is still going! I'll probably look at adding mud flaps and a rear-diffuser but I don't think I'll black out any of the emblems and such. We'll see!

Good luck with your new ride and let us know how it goes and what mods you install!

fellow Texan who has a GT-Line AWD on order, hope to be in it in 2-3 months. Ordered mine in snow white pearl :) Luckily I work nights so the scorching texas sun isn't a huge factor for me since it would be hiding away in the garage during the heat of the day.

can't wait to get my mitts on it :)

#6 ·
Kind of off topic, not really a mod, but after finding out about ev’s sometimes having issues with the 12v battery draining, including the ev6, the first thing I moved from my old gas car to my new ev was my rechargeable lithium ion jump starter. I actually got a warning on my dash about it the other day, and it went away, but it’s an odd thing for a machine than could power a small house to be taken out by a decades old technology 12v conventional battery.

#11 ·
Love my yacht blue color. Did the emblems in a metallic blue, I like the blend to add some contrast, rather subtle. Pics aren’t great as I didn’t have the best light.

Attachments

#13 ·
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09GXRV8SN/

CarlinKit Ai box Android System support wireless CarPlay /wireless Android Auto,4+64G, Snapdragon chip, 8-core processor, Dual Bluetooth, support Google Play, YouTube

If you want to add full android, Netflix, Spotify etc for when sitting at chargers. It does really need it's own data sim to make the best of it, although you can easily tether it to your phone via Bluetooth or Wifi. I picked one up when it was on a deal for £200, it looks way overpriced today at £285

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.