Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just put a deposit down on a new EV6 AWD GT-Line in matte Grey. Hopefully I get it in time to qualify for the $10K in tax incentives ($7500+ state). Requested the order through Moritz Hurst in Fort Worth Texas. The sales manager stated that they aren't sure when I'll get my order, but they claim that they only ask for an $800 "dealer prep" comes with the silly nitrogen and tint on top of MSRP. Currently have a Nissan Leaf, so I've been living the electric life already. Love the instant torque of electric and looking forward to the EV6. I just hope that the torque steer isn't as bad as it is on the Leaf.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This vehicle was designed by Albert Biermann who was the lead engineer for the BMW "M" Group. Think bobsled on magnetic rails. Disneyland "E" ride.
Lol, yeah the torque on EVs is nuts, then combine that with the low center of gravity from the battery placement, sure will be fun. I figure it's only a matter of time before the public catches on, and then the EV6 will be like the Kia Telluride. The only thing that concerns me is that Kia sometimes has issues with initial build on new technology. I had an optima that was plagued with engine recalls, a couple of Souls, one with more engine gremlins and another with a failed DCT. I hope with the EV6 having less moving parts, it'll be less prone to problems. I did take a chance and ordered the Matte finish, which I remember Kia having trouble with the paint on the stinger. Let's hope the EV6 is relatively problem free, and I'm looking forward to the upgrade from the Leaf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice, how do you like it thus far? If you have a thread, feel free to direct me to it. I figure someone that's had their EV6 in a Texas summer will know how easy/difficult it is to deal with.
I am still waiting to get mine delivered in 2 weeks. I went with GTline RWD.. mostly for office commute and grocery runs 😋

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am still waiting to get mine delivered in 2 weeks. I went with GTline RWD.. mostly for office commute and grocery runs 😋

Oh, I thought you said you had yours since April 2022. I have an AWD GT-Line coming. I was initially looking at the EV6 GT, but for the extra $10K and only a 1 second improvement of 0-60 time, I figured I'd stick with the GT-Line. That, and I don't want to wait for the fall to take delivery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts