Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone planning on putting on? I am torn on CC2's or Pilot Sport All Season 4's. The CC2's have a speed limiting off 149mph, and I am unsure if the dealer or Kia are "okay" with that, even if whatever failure MAY occur, occurs under that speed. Thoughts?

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
Maybe drop to 20" wheel, I mean it's only $$? They make the AS-05 and others in the factory tire size for the 20" wheel. I know that is my plan when stockers on my GTL wear out.(or diff wheels+tires before then)

· Registered
418 Posts
This from another thread. Probably the best all around tire I ever bought.

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This from another thread. Probably the best all around tire I ever bought.

I don't want nokians. Its a nice car. No cut rate tires.

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
I don't want nokians. Its a nice car. No cut rate tires.
Don't blow off Nokian as a junk tire. The Canadian Mounties use them exclusively as their winter tire. Law enforcement are probably the hardest on tires of any profession. Rocks curbs, ditches, they blast thru anything and everything and any terrain. The tires hold up and get them home.

Another strike against Kia's design for this car is the tire/wheel. 21" is just oddball. If they could not fit 22, they should haev stayed with 20's..

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't blow off Nokian as a junk tire. The Canadian Mounties use them exclusively as their winter tire. Law enforcement are probably the hardest on tires of any profession. Rocks curbs, ditches, they blast thru anything and everything and any terrain. The tires hold up and get them home.

Another strike against Kia's design for this car is the tire/wheel. 21" is just oddball. If they could not fit 22, they should haev stayed with 20's..
21's is odd, yes. I bought Nokians once. ONCE. Absolutely the worst tire on the planet as far as I'm concerned. Not only that, but they did not allow my review to be published, even though it was free of profanity or any such. This explains why their tires have those 5/5 type ratings on their site...of course they do.

Mazda 2015 CX5, AWD, 2.5L Touring
Nokian WRG3 SUV tires, 225/65/17

1st issue: It took 2 trips to get them balanced, and they still vibrated a bit.
2nd issue: They were so loud that I thought a wheel-bearing was going out or a semi tractor trailer was pacing me.
3rd issue: They felt absolutely unsafe in the rain and wet pavement traction was very meh.
4rd issue: They lasted about 19K miles before they were at 4/32 and needed to be replaced.

They had replaced with Continental Cross Contact LX20's, which stayed on the vehicle and did an excellent job for the prior nearly 50K miles. They were replaced with Altimax RT43 tires which showed 1-2/32 tread ware over the next 8K miles or so when I traded the vehicle in, and did fine.

Their absolutely trash performance in every way has led me to refuse to buy any of their junk ever again.

I am aware that Michigan State Troopers use the WRG3 on their pursuit vehicles and all that jazz. That's why I bought the stupid things. Guess what? They are trash regardless of cops using them. I didn't get much chance to use them in ice/snow because the stupid things literally wore out before it snowed that year except for a tiny bit at the tail end of the winter I had them installed during. They weren't anything special in that, either. Just an absolute trash tire that excelled at literally nothing except you could probably substitute buying/driving on those tires for a midodrine prescription.

I hate those tires so much that I spent all that time telling you why. This was about 4-5 years ago.

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
Man tires are not easy to find and very limited options for this size. I was not finding anything under about $400/ea.

The worst part is based on what I have seen I do not think 20" wheels will clear the front calipers, so downsize for winter is not an option either.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man tires are not easy to find and very limited options for this size. I was not finding anything under about $400/ea.

The worst part is based on what I have seen I do not think 20" wheels will clear the front calipers, so downsize for winter is not an option either.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I am torn on CC2's vs. PSAS4's. Nothing else seems to really compare.

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
What are your thoughts on the Micheline AS 3+?
They make it in a 275/35r21 (that size actually opens lot of options) which gives more contact patch and very close to same rolling diameter. They are also a bit lower cost than the Pilot 4S. Technically it is more drag, but I put the 275/40r20 AS-05 tires and wheels from my SHO on my GTLine and only saw .1mi/kw difference on a back to back 70mph 11mi loop. I will take a .1 hit to gain performance and have a good reliable tire under me every day of the week.

At this sort of price, it makes just changing tires on stock wheels make sense. The stock size the tires are so spendy you can drop to 20" wheel and buy wheels and tires for price of just 21" tires.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+A%2FS+3%2B&partnum=735VR1PSAS3PLXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&bm-verify=AAQAAAAG_____w43Jk_1JG1s9QtEByyEF_45e9uXEcmwAG4lYu9HGIGKZbJZh27xCm4DSvHo-XhHL-jFElOpRn-S0cJss9auSVHV67hLwJ2oOEOIxYZCSGweqlahe9z54quuUdM2y13a3f0RB9oR12O_kl1LTSXGIogFC7GgZ_aRObwx1T7NB7RB5UTM0HK4WrIvv_z5QN-gkj3FNBEH1BpOoR2x3OoegwgFU5b8blbY0m36Fms4xqjnokxY_k4ls5JIbQhlNK8X0OwPjDlQZtABM5QvKvuNES7vp1mu6xfhqPJEj8-25hXaP5IDCNILJj0pW-_dU3pX-rTl3b38Qesreb55A7Zs_LomlgLiAI2BnKIp7c7Zw0sVkoILmZjzuJ-AlTmy2jN9uIXgqWo0NuZQx3Q2OrFUNhTLZwtqgAd8--pt17HOOYePEBZFGC7PzYULc_bjVWH3VeW6obyu9UoAwIaER28v37pY94o2sxhVYJGelqWYH3F-yYwf9bR0ZQDx_3W23SCoHHlkXym8WhjOJEhNdjlV8wVonOno1LXo0zLgPSTDpmyenQD1VHrlNd1dioDonimUQsikgS31fdQObxDhvNonyG-GOc8HEKMshuIbN0UZd2-1pZwiYLJxCOuKZsWrG4b6xQnwV5aGfw

1 - 20 of 116 Posts