Kia EV Forum banner

New USA member from Stinger GT2 to EV6 GT

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SeeYaInAKia 
#1 ·
I currently own a 2021 AWD Kia Stinger GT2 and previously I had a 2019 RWD Stinger GT2. I leased my 2021 Stinger in April of this year for 24 months. Therefore the Stinger lease will end in April of 2023. I had always intended to make my next vehicle an all AWD all electric vehicle so the EV6 GT should be a good transition from my current Stinger.

I don't drive many miles currently but I might have a 35 mile commute in the future. I also go to our local dragstrips quite often. There are no places to charge around the drag strips right now so I am glad that I will have to wait about a year or more for the EV6 GT. Hopefully by then there will be at least one place to charge near the tracks.

I run a 12.2 @ 116 mph 1/4 mile right now with my Stinger. I really hope the EV6 GT will get down into the 11s. With a 3.5 second 0-60 mph it should be able to do that.

The value of the Stinger is actually quite ridiculous right now. I was offered $47K for it from Carvana but I only bought it for $45,300 and only owe $41K on it right now. I have considered just selling it right now and getting something like the Tesla Model 3 Performance. However, the lack of tax credits and the quality issues make me want to wait it out for the EV6 GT.

Has anyone been able to get on a waiting list for the EV6 GT yet?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome fellow Stinger owner! I traded my 19 GT2 AWD for an Audi e-tron back in March right before the prices for used cars started going up. Was going to trade the Optima, bit after some research and knowing that the Stinger had better equity, I traded it instead. Then a few of weeks later, the Optima value started to go up. The e-tron deal was too good to pass up.

I’m just hoping KIA will give us a quieter cabin than the Stinger GT2 on the EV6. I’m a bit spoiled now in this e-tron, a 5.5 second run to 60 is pretty decent for this heavy beast. When the EV6 GT comes out, it should be good. I’m liking the GV60 more now that it is out. Enjoy that Stinger until the EV6 GT comes out.

#3 ·
My plans have changed a bit now. I was just offered almost $50K for my Stinger which is absurd so I honestly just have to sell it right now. Ultimately, I am still going to get the EV6 GT but my dealer said it won't be until next year before they have any information at all on the GT. He said they won't even begin to take reservations until later next year for the GT.

Trying to decide what electric vehicle can get me through till the GT is out. It really looks like a Tesla Model 3 is the only thing available right now?

#4 ·
Don’t so it man, wait a bit. A lot of places don’t have new inventory yet so replacing it might be difficult. If you fan get that in a trade to offset what they are going to be asking for the replacement vehicle, then that might be worth it. I keep getting offers for my Optima Hybrid but there’s isn’t anything out there that want to replace it with. I perused the dealer area and most of them have nothing but used cars, even on the sales floor and the price isn’t cheap. If you have some other vehicle to drive in the meantime, sure. However, keep in mind that new cars, if available are also being marked up.

#5 ·
Another Stinger owner here 2018 GT2 with 72000 miles. (Mesa AZ)
Really frustrated with the Market Adjustments here at dealers in Phoenix AZ. My local dealer price for a GT-Line AWD was $80,000 Not going to happen! I need to find a dealer willing to sell at MSRP. Willing to go to Utah or Wyoming or Nevada to find MSRP. Anyone know of a good dealer in the southwest?

JXFW

#7 ·
Another Stinger owner here 2018 GT2 with 72000 miles. (Mesa AZ)
Really frustrated with the Market Adjustments here at dealers in Phoenix AZ. My local dealer price for a GT-Line AWD was $80,000 Not going to happen! I need to find a dealer willing to sell at MSRP. Willing to go to Utah or Wyoming or Nevada to find MSRP. Anyone know of a good dealer in the southwest?

JXFW
Willing to go to Colorado? Contact Kerry at Peak Kia North. Awesome dude, and will sell for MSRP.

was told they’re south location will do MSRP also.

I think the Kia dealership in Durango Colorado will do MSRP also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.