Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a EV6 GT AWD (red) today. Pictures coming when I pick it up tomorrow.

I am 6' 10" tall, so I will document my experience with the EV6 for a really tall person.

So far:

1. Legroom is fantastic and maybe the best I have run into
2. The open/flat dash is great for tall people and allows legs to be moved around
3. I have about 1.5" when the seat is at it's lowest position. Note that I have the seat reclined, but that is normal for me.
4. Getting into the EV6 requires a slight head duck, the door entrance is lower than some cars
5. Front visibility is pretty good, would prefer sitting a tad lower, but us tall guys are used to it
6. Space behind me in the 2nd row is pretty tight
7. Seat and headrest are pretty good. Lack of aggressive bolstering helps a lot.

Compared to my BMW X5, the EV6 seat is about 3" closer to the ground.

Car was a hoot to drive. But I did keep my X5 in case the EV6 doesn't work out. I am really bummed that Kia was too cheap to throw a charger in and that is appears that winter mats are not available. (Still messy here in Minnesota)

It will take me a while to bond with the EV6 and get used to sight lines and other things us tall folks run into. More to come.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD + Tech Package
58 Posts
There's an option in the menus to automatically slide the driver's seat back an inch or few when the car is turned off, and slide it back again when you turn it on (Seating Easy Access). I always figured it was for folks with poor knee/hip movement. Does it help at your height?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I've had to adjust how I normally sit in a car because I am smashed against the ceiling with the seat at its lowest. Also the HUD is very blurry so will have to reaaaally adjust how I sit. Luckily my wife will be driving it most and she is 5'1".

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I first saw this title, I thought “sure” as I’m 6’8” but aye you’re tall

My height comes from my legs rather than body so it’s different for me, but I find with the GT Line (no sun roof) I can move my seat further forward and higher up than I was expecting which gives a lot of space behind me (I can just about fit in my driving position). Fully back was too far for me.

Coming from a Sorento I totally get what you mean about ducking but I’d been driving my wife’s Niro and Lon leaf beforehand so not too much of a shock. The one thing I wish they had was a grab handle in the the roof of the drivers side as that would make it easier getting and out.

Great car though

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you must be the tallest owner of an EV6 we know.

Its a great help knowing people with your height fit as often people ask will they fit who are just over 6 foot.

Glad you like the car but must feel strange going from the X5 to the EV6 as they are two different size cars and design.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did a test drive on a GT Line which didn't have a sun roof but I am planning to go for a GT Line S which has a sun roof ( in the UK)

I am just over 5'11" ..Will I be okay with the version with the Sunroof.. Has anyone else got the Sunroof version with this height ?

PS: I live in a remote location and will not be able to travel to another dealer who has a car with a sunroof .

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
It really is all about proportions. I own a GT-Line at 6'7" and my head has plenty of clearance. Like you, my head is pretty much attached to my legs, haha. The only downside I could find, being a tall EV6 owner, is watching your head on the hatch when it's opened.🤣

1 - 14 of 14 Posts