2022 EV6 Wind AWD
Spent a couple of weeks emailing dealers (25+) before I finally found one that had an available EV6 at MSRP. Hopped on the Amtrak and picked it up from LaFontaine Kia in Dearborn, MI; no markup, no pressure for extras- Ace is highly recommended. Loving it so far, just a few observations from the ~4 hour drive home.
- Averaged about 2.5mi/kWh, but I decided to drive it like a regular car: 75-80 keeping up with faster traffic and HVAC on auto, plus it was a decent headwind. More than enough range though.
- Stopped at an EA, had 0 issues and deducted from free 1000kWh. Was about 30F out and went from 30-80% in about 30 mins. Ran about 70kW at first but eventually saw 130kW+ for a while, pretty happy with that given the temp. (Plus saw a Lucid charging so that was neat)
- Was plenty comfortable for the duration. I'm 6'1" so part of the reason I picked the wind was for the extra headroom, no issue there.
- As other people on here have said, the volume adjustment is odd, have to get it over 50 before it's anywhere near loud.
- Same thing with some vibration on the highway, like when a wheel is out of balance. It seems like it lessened as the miles went on, so the running theory about flat spots from shipping may be right. If it persists after 500 miles or so I'll take it in though.