Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a couple of weeks emailing dealers (25+) before I finally found one that had an available EV6 at MSRP. Hopped on the Amtrak and picked it up from LaFontaine Kia in Dearborn, MI; no markup, no pressure for extras- Ace is highly recommended. Loving it so far, just a few observations from the ~4 hour drive home.
  • Averaged about 2.5mi/kWh, but I decided to drive it like a regular car: 75-80 keeping up with faster traffic and HVAC on auto, plus it was a decent headwind. More than enough range though.
  • Stopped at an EA, had 0 issues and deducted from free 1000kWh. Was about 30F out and went from 30-80% in about 30 mins. Ran about 70kW at first but eventually saw 130kW+ for a while, pretty happy with that given the temp. (Plus saw a Lucid charging so that was neat)
  • Was plenty comfortable for the duration. I'm 6'1" so part of the reason I picked the wind was for the extra headroom, no issue there.
  • As other people on here have said, the volume adjustment is odd, have to get it over 50 before it's anywhere near loud.
  • Same thing with some vibration on the highway, like when a wheel is out of balance. It seems like it lessened as the miles went on, so the running theory about flat spots from shipping may be right. If it persists after 500 miles or so I'll take it in though.
Overall very happy, even in eco mode with just the rear motor there is plenty of punch, and sport is just a blast. Looking forward to getting some more miles on it this weekend :cool:

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spent a couple of weeks emailing dealers (25+) before I finally found one that had an available EV6 at MSRP. Hopped on the Amtrak and picked it up from LaFontaine Kia in Dearborn, MI; no markup, no pressure for extras- Ace is highly recommended. Loving it so far, just a few observations from the ~4 hour drive home.
  • Averaged about 2.5mi/kWh, but I decided to drive it like a regular car: 75-80 keeping up with faster traffic and HVAC on auto, plus it was a decent headwind. More than enough range though.
  • Stopped at an EA, had 0 issues and deducted from free 1000kWh. Was about 30F out and went from 30-80% in about 30 mins. Ran about 70kW at first but eventually saw 130kW+ for a while, pretty happy with that given the temp. (Plus saw a Lucid charging so that was neat)
  • Was plenty comfortable for the duration. I'm 6'1" so part of the reason I picked the wind was for the extra headroom, no issue there.
  • As other people on here have said, the volume adjustment is odd, have to get it over 50 before it's anywhere near loud.
  • Same thing with some vibration on the highway, like when a wheel is out of balance. It seems like it lessened as the miles went on, so the running theory about flat spots from shipping may be right. If it persists after 500 miles or so I'll take it in though.
Overall very happy, even in eco mode with just the rear motor there is plenty of punch, and sport is just a blast. Looking forward to getting some more miles on it this weekend :cool:

View attachment 3415

View attachment 3416
Hi, beautiful car. Quick question. Do you notice a significant difference in acceleration between the normal mode and the sport mode?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, beautiful car. Quick question. Do you notice a significant difference in acceleration between the normal mode and the sport mode?
Thanks.
Eh there really isn't a huge difference.

In normal mode it always starts from a stop with both motors going so if you floor it the car just takes off. Usually cruising around it's just the rear motor, and there is a barely-noticeable delay before the front motor is engaged.

In sport both of the motors are always active so it's always ready to go, and the throttle response is a bit sharper so I think that gives the illusion it's a little quicker.

I'd like to see one of the Youtube reviewers use their equipment to see if there is any actual difference between the modes. Along those lines, I'm curious if the GTL with its wider tires is any quicker than the Wind, but I doubt it since so far I've only had the smallest bit of wheel slip when the roads were slick after a rain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Eh there really isn't a huge difference.

In normal mode it always starts from a stop with both motors going so if you floor it the car just takes off. Usually cruising around it's just the rear motor, and there is a barely-noticeable delay before the front motor is engaged.

In sport both of the motors are always active so it's always ready to go, and the throttle response is a bit sharper so I think that gives the illusion it's a little quicker.

I'd like to see one of the Youtube reviewers use their equipment to see if there is any actual difference between the modes. Along those lines, I'm curious if the GTL with its wider tires is any quicker than the Wind, but I doubt it since so far I've only had the smallest bit of wheel slip when the roads were slick after a rain.
Thanks for the response. I test drove a wind AWD and the acceleration wasn't as quick as I thought it would be. Didn't feel like the 4.6 second that's advertised. I couldn't remember if I had it in normal vs sport mode. I don't imagine the GT AWD would be any faster since I believe they both have the same power output. I currently have a model 3 so maybe that's part of why I felt a rad bit underwhelmed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts