Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so there have been a few waves of EV6 come into the US and all the excitement has been fun. Lots of people going home in new cars, dealerships doing their usual shenanigans, some worse than others, some not at all... I am thinking that the buzz will die down a bit in a couple of weeks to a month and then things will be as close to business as usual as can be expected.

My question is this, does anyone know when the next shipments of EV6 will be arriving into the US? I have seen 2/20/22 and 3/6/22 so far, but nothing out past that. My plan is to wait a month or so and see what the local allocations look like and then make a deal at MSRP + some stupid protection plan (spray wax and armor all) for an add on in the $1,500 range. I can live with that. I still have 10 months left on my current lease so I can afford to wait. Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Info?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The dealer I bought my Wind AWD from is expecting more EV6’s first week of February.
I wouldn’t expect that. Mark ups are going away.
Before I bought my EV6 last week I was also looking around for Mustang Mach E; lowest markups are $5,000, but most dealers are higher. When I canceled my pre order with the Fors dealer in town he couldn’t believe I got my EV6 without a markup

·
Registered
280 Posts
Unsure.. but if it follows the Hyundai Ioniq 5 pattern there will be 3500+ in 3 weeks then a trickle after. Hyundai dumped thousands weekly into the US in late Jan and now has throttled back because dealer lots are getting full.

If the above is true... the best time might be a few weeks after the first large batch arrive and when Kia dealers can't sell at $10K markup they will lower their ADM. Hyundai dealers started at $5-10K on average but soon dropped to $2-3K range here in Florida after the initial interest did not convert into sales.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With all due respect, the Ioniq 5 is an ugly car, no wonder they aren't selling. That said I think you are right about cars populating lots in the upcoming months. Not to mention that American consumers are in no mood to put up with any crap. I think the supply will be in consumers favor in the next 30-60 days. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
120 Posts
The dealer I bought my Wind AWD from is expecting more EV6’s first week of February.
I wouldn’t expect that. Mark ups are going away.
Before I bought my EV6 last week I was also looking around for Mustang Mach E; lowest markups are $5,000, but most dealers are higher. When I canceled my pre order with the Fors dealer in town he couldn’t believe I got my EV6 without a markup
I have a mach-e on order as well and I've already found an EV6 at MSRP. I'm not ready to buy yet, waiting on a county voucher program... but I would like to drive them both still before I cancel the mach-e order. Although at this point I'm about 80/20 towards the EV6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just chiming in here… same boat, Mach E on order for a few months, but if I can get ahold of an EV6 at or close to MSRP, I’ll do that instead. I think in 2-3 years, non 800V capable EVs are definitely going to wish they had that feature, so that alone is enough for me to switch.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
FWIW, I've been tracking available and in-transit (according to kia.com) GT-Line VINs in a 1000mi radius around socal and as of Sat, the total available has gone up by 10is/day on average. Before Sat, that number had been dropping by 15ish/day. This is by no means scientific as I don't know how up to date kia.com's inventory is but there's certainly a delay I was able to confirm when dealers had already PDI'd VINs that still showed in-transit or VINs that showed up on there but dealers claim were sold within a day or two.

All that to say, EV6s still appear to be coming in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
FWIW, I've been tracking available and in-transit (according to kia.com) GT-Line VINs in a 1000mi radius around socal and as of Sat, the total available has gone up by 10is/day on average. Before Sat, that number had been dropping by 15ish/day. This is by no means scientific as I don't know how up to date kia.com's inventory is but there's certainly a delay I was able to confirm when dealers had already PDI'd VINs that still showed in-transit or VINs that showed up on there but dealers claim were sold within a day or two.

A local Florida dealer told me a shipment of EV6s is arriving the first week of March. Not listed on the Kia site. Two weeks ago, he said 16 were arriving but never provided a date.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
A local Florida dealer told me a shipment of EV6s is arriving the first week of March. Not listed on the Kia site. Two weeks ago, he said 16 were arriving but never provide a date.
Yeah I'm guessing cars are only showing on the Kia site as in-transit when they're much closer to arriving to dealers, so if that's the case there are even more cars on the way that dealers know about and Kia isn't yet posting.

·
Registered
80 Posts

How are you tracking the GT line VINs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How are you tracking the GT line VINs?
What are the real lead times in the US? Spoke to a couple of Kia dealers today, and have surveyed many vehicles that are currently enroute to USA dealers. Seems there is a large shipment due for arrival in mid-May. We ordered a GT-Line AWD version on Feb 25th, and our dealer has not received word one on the ETA. One dealer we spoke with is quoting 8 months, but no one seems to know for sure. Same dealer said the factory producing them, which normally employs 4000 workers, currently has only 1600 folks in plant. Whether this is due to COVID, parts shortages limiting production, or other reasons is unknown. Dealer also said that anything shown as available on the Kia corporate website is already reserved/sold. Everything we've looked at so far seems to confirm this. Patience, patience!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts