Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
90 Posts

Has anyone tried this yet?
Only available in Korea... although there is an APK you can try to install to see if it works.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Downloaded the app and tried it, everything is in Korean, so screenshots and google lens/translate came in very handy here.

I tried to login with my existing Kia Connect app and couldn't, I then tried to register an account but it wants to do cell phone verification which doesn't allow the option to specify your country code outside of Korea from what I saw. Then there is another option for I-PIN, which appears to be some form of login system connected to a korean social security number, which obviously I don't have :(

NFC authentication for opening the car would have been handy, although it's not clear if that also lets you start the car.

Edit: Actually the app description indicated you can use it to start the car and there is an NFC antenna in the wireless charger (at least in Korea I assume, no idea if the hardware exists to support it in other markets)

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
90 Posts
Downloaded the app and tried it, everything is in Korean, so screenshots and google lens/translate came in very handy here.

I tried to login with my existing Kia Connect app and couldn't, I then tried to register an account but it wants to do cell phone verification which doesn't allow the option to specify your country code outside of Korea from what I saw. Then there is another option for I-PIN, which appears to be some form of login system connected to a korean social security number, which obviously I don't have :(

NFC authentication for opening the car would have been handy, although it's not clear if that also lets you start the car
Thanks for trying and getting back. Maybe we don't even have the hardware in the car here. If we do, you would expect to see the app for other countries as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would not like to us regulaer NFC for opening and starting my car.
You can buy a NFC writer for a few euro and other smartphones can read your NFC. This would make is very easy to duplicate your NFC and drive away with your car..

If it is combined with an App and for example Apple face recognition and it uses for example also the bluetooth connection in the car, then it would be more safe. So I expect it will be more then only NFC....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts