Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
"Feature" seems to mean "we couldn't get all the GT-Line parts together in time for the FEs so we threw Wind trim parts on it".
I interpret First Edition "features" as 1 part giving a customer a "fully loaded" car with all the mechanical/electrical bells and whistles and 1 part maximizing profit potential by leaning onto the economics of scale and outfitting those cars in the styling of the more mass produced WIND trim.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I interpret First Edition "features" as 1 part giving a customer a "fully loaded" car with all the mechanical/electrical bells and whistles and 1 part maximizing profit potential by leaning onto the economics of scale and outfitting those cars in the styling of the more mass produced WIND trim.
It's a really strange decision, because all the things they included are things that cost money to produce. They things they excluded are things that probably don't really cost more to produce (plastic pieces on the outside shaped differently, steering wheel shaped differently, seats and dash with different patterns).

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Also keep in mind that the "FE" option adds another $2600 to the sticker price. Someone had posted the invoice pricing somewhere for all the trims and packages and a FE had bigger margins than a standard GT-Line AWD or WIND AWD--not $2600 worth of course, but still higher.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im going from a peugeot steering wheel 👌 (Small and flat i btm: looking over the steering wheel and not through to watch the instrument panel) so I was hoping there is going to be some kind of 'aftermarket' upgrades options....otherwise it will feel like a big ass truck the first week 😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts