Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spoken to 2 dealers who swear they have the lowest markup in the area at $7k. I'm not paying 7k! My local dealer does no markup but are not proactive and are telling me 8 months.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the VA/DC/MD area that doesn't do markups and actually wants to sell cars?

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
You might have some luck if you want to make your way up to the Philly area. Seems Murray Kia in Conshohocken doesn't do markups, so it could be worth reaching out to them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've spoken to 2 dealers who swear they have the lowest markup in the area at $7k. I'm not paying 7k! My local dealer does no markup but are not proactive and are telling me 8 months.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the VA/DC/MD area that doesn't do markups and actually wants to sell cars?

Thanks!
Hit up Williamsburg Kia in Williamsburg, VA. I worked with Mike Wiseman and the dealer experience was the best I’ve encountered. Sold at MSRP and they asked first if I wanted any add ons or not.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
93 Posts
I'm under the impression that you want to buy off the lot and not wait for an order delivery. If that's the case, finding a dealer selling at MSRP will be difficult. Use the database that Grayson73 just posted to find a dealer and pay for shipment or plan to do some travel to pick it up.

EDIT: I believe this is the actual link to the database Grayson73 referenced.

I have a FE reservation with Beyer Kia in Falls Church VA. The impression I got from my salesperson is that cars on their lot have the $7K markup, but orders do not. From what I've read in the forum, this is not particularly unusual. If you don't want to pay the markup locally, find such a dealer, place an order, and be patient.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. I prefer the Form Results table which I can copy and paste into Excel and filter. index/dealermarkuptracker - electricvehicles

Agree, if you want to pay MSRP, you can call the Dearborn MI dealer, for example, and have it shipped.

This is the guy in MD who bought from Dearborn and had it shipped. Maybe he intentionally put "MD" for that reason Future Maryland Owners

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm under the impression that you want to buy off the lot and not wait for an order delivery. If that's the case, finding a dealer selling at MSRP will be difficult. Use the database that Grayson73 just posted to find a dealer and pay for shipment or plan to do some travel to pick it up.

I have a FE reservation with Beyer Kia in Falls Church VA. The impression I got from my salesperson is that cars on their lot have the $7K markup, but orders do not. From what I've read in the forum, this is not particularly unusual. If you don't want to pay the markup locally, find such a dealer, place an order, and be patient.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm happy to place a custom order, so I suppose that helps. I spoke to two non-markup dealers in the last week - one in Richmond and one in Williamsburg (thanks EV & Chill above). Both can do custom orders, but the first one stated 8 months and the other said 4-6. Is there really a difference between when different dealers would receive custom orders? Richmond is my local, but I can drive to Williamsburg to pick it up if it arrives sooner (it's a hassle, but it is doable).

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm happy to place a custom order, so I suppose that helps. I spoke to two non-markup dealers in the last week - one in Richmond and one in Williamsburg (thanks EV & Chill above).
Hey, which Richmond dealer doesn't have a markup? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Car buying is a negotiation. Go to some of these dealers the last couple of days of the month (like now), offer $500 over MSRP and see what happens. You might be surprised.
Well, I stopped by King Kia in Gaithersburg, MD earlier today. Did't get a chance to get surprised, unfortunately. They have a single EV6, a Wind RWD in Runway Red, on the lot, which has been over there for at least a month already. The window sticker lists a "market adjustment" of $7,500. The "sales representative" quoted $5,000 and offered to reduce it by a few hundreds, but definitely not thousands. He claimed that they have the smallest mark-up in the DMV area, which might actually be true. Clearly, they are not in any hurry to sell their cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hit up Williamsburg Kia in Williamsburg, VA. I worked with Mike Wiseman and the dealer experience was the best I’ve encountered. Sold at MSRP and they asked first if I wanted any add ons or not.
Also, Mark McLoud at Williamsburg Kia. Am in process of ordering one at MSRP. Be advised that certain interiors and options becoming unavailable (e.g,, no black interior with Runaway Red, no GTL mud flaps, no cargo cover).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Herson's (right down the road) was at 5K over and offered to reduce it by thousands the first time I was there. I still plan on a GT at MSRP shortly after they come to the US.
I've had good experience with the Honda part of Herson's in the past, so they indeed look like a better place to deal with. But they currently don't have a model I'm looking for, a Wind RWD, so there is nothing to negotiate about. I do check their inventory regularly, though. Good to know that they are willing to compromise on the price. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just picked up my red EV6 GTL at Charlie Obaugh Kia in Staunton, VA at MSRP. That was the last one they had. Duncan Gutterman was the salesperson I worked with. He was great. Reach out and see when they will get more, or if you are willing to wait see about ordering one through them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I stopped by King Kia in Gaithersburg, MD earlier today. Did't get a chance to get surprised, unfortunately. They have a single EV6, a Wind RWD in Runway Red, on the lot, which has been over there for at least a month already. The window sticker lists a "market adjustment" of $7,500. The "sales representative" quoted $5,000 and offered to reduce it by a few hundreds, but definitely not thousands. He claimed that they have the smallest mark-up in the DMV area, which might actually be true. Clearly, they are not in any hurry to sell their cars.
I purchased mine on 4/27 from King KIa for a 2k markup. I worked with service manager Nan Wong and salesperson Jose Vargas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased mine on 4/27 from King KIa for a 2k markup. I worked with service manager Nan Wong and salesperson Jose Vargas.
I'm working with Jose from King Kia in Gaithersburg on an EV6 GT-Line. He's selling it to me with a 5K markup. He was telling me that because of the demand there's no way he can bring it down after I made a couple of attempts to bring it down closer to MSRP. I haven't even talked to the sales manager yet. Did you provide any other quotes from dealers or did you simply play the haggle game with him until they budged?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts

Thanks!
Live in Capitol Hill DC. I ended up flying to Rapid City Iowa to purchase my EV6 at MSRP

·
Registered
28 Posts
You must really want that car bad to pay 5K over MSRP. You do understand where you will be in a couple of years regarding residual value right? Have you tried any other dealers in the DMV or nearby states? Can you wait a week or two to get the car? You can absolutely get a car for MSRP if you do a little homework. I really hate to see people taken advantage of and dealers putting the customer's money in their pockets. As long as people keep paying these prices dealers will continue trying to get them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm working with Jose from King Kia in Gaithersburg on an EV6 GT-Line. He's selling it to me with a 5K markup. He was telling me that because of the demand there's no way he can bring it down after I made a couple of attempts to bring it down closer to MSRP. I haven't even talked to the sales manager yet. Did you provide any other quotes from dealers or did you simply play the haggle game with him until they budged?
I got my GT-Line at Charlie OBaugh in Staunton, VA at MSRP + $499 doc fee. That was about 5 weeks ago.

I flew up from Atlanta as the dealers here were adding $6-10k in "market adjustment" plus lots of other junk fees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You must really want that car bad to pay 5K over MSRP. You do understand where you will be in a couple of years regarding residual value right? Have you tried any other dealers in the DMV or nearby states? Can you wait a week or two to get the car? You can absolutely get a car for MSRP if you do a little homework. I really hate to see people taken advantage of and dealers putting the customer's money in their pockets. As long as people keep paying these prices dealers will continue trying to get them.
I don't have any intention to pay 5k over the MSRP price. It's the lowest from all of the dealers that have a GT-Line in their lot or in transit. Most of the dealers in DMV have mark ups from 7-10k average. The only two dealers who have given the lowest mark ups over the past three weeks were Dulles Motors Kia and King Kia Gaithersburg (5k). I've gotten most dealers in the area to lower their mark ups by 2k at the most before. One dealer in NJ lowered their mark up by 3.5k (from 10k to 6.5k). They, too, have mark ups of 7-10k average. They're selling fast here and it's looking like people are buying at dealers initial mark up prices.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts