Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have any intention to pay 5k over the MSRP price. It's the lowest from all of the dealers that have a GT-Line in their lot or in transit. Most of the dealers in DMV have mark ups from 7-10k average. The only two dealers who have given the lowest mark ups over the past three weeks were Dulles Motors Kia and King Kia Gaithersburg (5k). I've gotten most dealers in the area to lower their mark ups by 2k at the most before. One dealer in NJ lowered their mark up by 3.5k (from 10k to 6.5k). They, too, have mark ups of 7-10k average. They're selling fast here and it's looking like people are buying at dealers initial mark up prices.
Freedom Kia of Morgantown, WV have three GT-Line EV6 (one RWD, two AWD) coming soon. To the best of my knowledge they sell at MSRP. At least they used to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Freedom Kia of Morgantown, WV have three GT-Line EV6 (one RWD, two AWD) coming soon. To the best of my knowledge they sell at MSRP. At least they used to.
Spoke to Chris from Freedom Kia and they claim they do orders and sell at MSRP with no mark ups. The three GT-Line EV6 on their website are orders and have been set aside but for "some weird reason" they have to post them on their website. Anyone on here order from them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm working with Jose from King Kia in Gaithersburg on an EV6 GT-Line. He's selling it to me with a 5K markup. He was telling me that because of the demand there's no way he can bring it down after I made a couple of attempts to bring it down closer to MSRP. I haven't even talked to the sales manager yet. Did you provide any other quotes from dealers or did you simply play the haggle game with him until they budged?
I worked directly with the sales manager on the markup amount. But I only purchased a Wind RWD and it was at the end of the month in April so our experiences with markups might be very different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I worked directly with the sales manager on the markup amount. But I only purchased a Wind RWD and it was at the end of the month in April so our experiences with markups might be very different.
They wouldn't lower the mark up. General Manager didn't agree to MSRP. I walked away from it at the end of the day.

Might end up going the order route at MSRP price instead and wait months.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts