Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Occasionally we have found that there’s no sound coming from the Meridian speakers. We get no sound from the different audio modes of DAB, Bluetooth, or even the Sounds of Nature app that comes with the car. This also affects the alerts, such as collision and also the car navigation voice.

We have tried turning the car off and starting again and this doesn’t seem to resolve the problem.

The only way we have seen the problem resolve is if we have driven to a place and then left the vehicle and gone shopping for example and then returned to the car and the speakers work again.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

We are up to date on all of the latest Kia updates from the dealer, but we had the problem before some of the more recent updates too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey. I experienced something strange today. I drove to work, listened to music as usual... When I drove home I had no sound via the Bluetooth system. I tryed calling via Bluetooth, and there was no sound... So I tryed the radio. Absolutely no sound.. Then i noticed the lane-change warning did not make any sound either. So my conclusion is absolutely no sounds from the car whatsoever. Anyone else experienced this?

I tryed rebooting the car. It was parked for a few hours, and still the same problem. I tryed pushing the reset button on the dashboard (right to the on/off button. Screen reboots) any ideas?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey. I experienced something strange today. I drove to work, listened to music as usual... When I drove home I had no sound via the Bluetooth system. I tryed calling via Bluetooth, and there was no sound... So I tryed the radio. Absolutely no sound.. Then i noticed the lane-change warning did not make any sound either. So my conclusion is absolutely no sounds from the car whatsoever. Anyone else experienced this?

I tryed rebooting the car. It was parked for a few hours, and still the same problem. I tryed pushing the reset button on the dashboard (right to the on/off button. Screen reboots) any ideas?
Wow I see you posted only 3 hrs ago. I just had the same problem this morning Australian time. No sound from anything including all media, radio, android auto Bluetooth, headunit beep, active sound.
Unit says media is paying. Just picked up the car 3 days ago. It is a Feb 2022 build. I reset the headunit too and that didn't seem to help.
Is it a wiring issue as I have seen other replaces in the forum? My does seem like a later build though so would hope was fixed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I certainly hope I don't have to subscribe to any package to listen to Spotify via Bluetooth. Since I I live in Norway all dealers are og purse closed on Sundays. So unless anyone got any good ideas It will prob have to wait until tomorrow so the dealership might look into it. Very frustrating though...im not sure exactly about my build, but if the wires were an issue on early builds, mine is from 2021 I suppose or january. But at least I tryed every knob, setting and reboot I could think of. The only thing I did do yesterday that I never did before was unlocking and locking the car through the Kia Connect app once during the day. But if that causes no sounds after I'm kinda surprised... 😂

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
780 Posts
I certainly hope I don't have to subscribe to any package to listen to Spotify via Bluetooth. Since I I live in Norway all dealers are og purse closed on Sundays. So unless anyone got any good ideas It will prob have to wait until tomorrow so the dealership might look into it. Very frustrating though...im not sure exactly about my build, but if the wires were an issue on early builds, mine is from 2021 I suppose or january. But at least I tryed every knob, setting and reboot I could think of. The only thing I did do yesterday that I never did before was unlocking and locking the car through the Kia Connect app once during the day. But if that causes no sounds after I'm kinda surprised... 😂
On a more serious note, did you check the fuses?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

Occasionally we have found that there’s no sound coming from the Meridian speakers. We get no sound from the different audio modes of DAB, Bluetooth, or even the Sounds of Nature app that comes with the car. This also affects the alerts, such as collision and also the car navigation voice.

We have tried turning the car off and starting again and this doesn’t seem to resolve the problem.

The only way we have seen the problem resolve is if we have driven to a place and then left the vehicle and gone shopping for example and then returned to the car and the speakers work again.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

We are up to date on all of the latest Kia updates from the dealer, but we had the problem before some of the more recent updates too.
So I just had this problem today too. Initially turned the car off then back on. Reset the head unit didn't work. Ended up driving with no audio from the speakers at all to our destination. Then parked it. After we came back to the car, may. 2 hrs later all sound worked again. Just wondering had you been using android auto and Spotify on your previous trip?
I have found that Spotify through android auto is slow and buggy. So wondering if this is causing the fault?

·
Registered
37 Posts
OK, very strange. Came out today, started the car and everything worked fine again. Did not even have time to check the fuses, but I suppose they are all OK. But I will call the dealer anyway 🤓
Yep same thing happened to me. After the car was off for like 2 hrs I came back and everything was fine. Even though when the fault happened I had already tried to manually reset the head unit. And did turn the car off and back on again.
So something obvious has caused the fault?
I had been using Spotify through android auto and find it a bit bugy? So wonder if this could be causing the issues??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep same thing happened to me. After the car was off for like 2 hrs I came back and everything was fine. Even though when the fault happened I had already tried to manually reset the head unit. And did turn the car off and back on again.
So something obvious has caused the fault?
I had been using Spotify through android auto and find it a bit bugy? So wonder if this could be causing the issues??
Hard to tell. I have not used android much, and I'm pretty sure I did not use it the last week before this happened 🤔
Så it's very strange indeed... 🤓

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just had this problem today too. Initially turned the car off then back on. Reset the head unit didn't work. Ended up driving with no audio from the speakers at all to our destination. Then parked it. After we came back to the car, may. 2 hrs later all sound worked again. Just wondering had you been using android auto and Spotify on your previous trip?
I have found that Spotify through android auto is slow and buggy. So wondering if this is causing the fault?
I have found that sometimes my phone changes the output from CarPlay to something else. I do use a wireless adapter for CarPlay, but it may be worth trying to disable Bluetooth on your phone next time that happens. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,962 Posts
Topics Merged as asking the same question.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
297 Posts
I would really be interested in getting get a 12 volt battery SOC reading from all of you that are having this issue while you are having it! Maybe related to low voltage maybe not?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine did the same this morning. Jan 2022 build
left the car 2 hour, and now all working ok
Strange right. I ask my dealer and they said not officially aware of anything. But to be honest most dealers are not on the ball about these things. They just said let us know if it occurs again. Also they did mention they know a big new media head unit update is coming to a lot of the newer Kia's with this OS.
Has anyone worked out what is causing this fault?
I don't think it is wiring or hardware.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts