Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
111 Posts
Sadly, I missed my appointment this morning. I over slept, SO frustrated! Even worse, I can't get in until Monday. I'm guessing they have that one person that works on EV's. AND to take the frustration further, my issue has not resolved but is happening all the time. I can play music through BT or AA, the song plays for a few moments, maybe even through to the next song, then dead air, no sound. If i switch to radio, the sound is back. I'm getting a new phone this week. I'm hoping it's the phone (I have a Pixel 4xl, not that old) but at least I can rule that out.

I'll be posting and reading!
To be allowed to sell EVs, Kia requires their dealers to have a minimum of two EV certified techs.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
111 Posts
New amp was installed after a two week wait for the part. Looks like, amp issue is now a safety recall . (safety issue since many audible signal alarms and beeps are linked to the amp)
View attachment 7644
Yes, when my amp was replaced they wanted to put me in a loaner until the replacement amp arrived, due to some warning sounds/alerts not functioning. I convinced them that as the warnings were related to voluntary options (e.g., adaptive cruise control, lane minder) so I could still safely drive the car by not using those. They were good with that. Also at the time (mid-May) the replacement amp was in-stock (only four nationwide) so it was to take only two days to arrive. They gave me a loaner for the day (morning drop-off, evening pickup) of the actual repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts