Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I have had this issue a few times. Both on wired/wireless android auto and bluetooth. I can switch to the radio and the sound comes back but not from my phone. I try to go back to media, and it shows its playing on my phone as well as on the display but no sound. I have had it start working after a few hours as others have mentioned. Earlier this week, it happened again BUT this time, after being away from the car, it came back, played a partial song and cut out. Again, switched to the radio, and the sound was fine. I even used the Kia nav (which sound worked fine) but nothing through the media setting. I tried resetting the car, my phone, no sounds except through the radio setting.

I'm not very mechanically inclined and don't know how to check the 12volt battery. I know where it is but that's about it =)

I've had my EV6 for 4 weeks. I have an appointment for service on Tuesday and asked them to see if there are any updates. I made the appointment before the issue the other day but was planning on bringing up the previous times it cut out but came back after the vehicle 'rested' lol. At this point, I hope it's still malfunctioning on Tuesday. I will post any useful info I can!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had this problem for months now (received the car in december). Had a software update from the dealership in march that was supposed to 'solve' the issue and it resolved exactly nothing... The only 'solution' is to park the car for a couple of hours and then it magically solves itself.

(The weird thing is that with other software bugs I can simply switch off the car, lock the doors, reopen them and then the issue has usually resolved. With the sound problem I really need to wait a few hours)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,452 Posts
I've had this problem for months now (received the car in december). Had a software update from the dealership in march that was supposed to 'solve' the issue and it resolved exactly nothing... The only 'solution' is to park the car for a couple of hours and then it magically solves itself.

(The weird thing is that with other software bugs I can simply switch off the car, lock the doors, reopen them and then the issue has usually resolved. With the sound problem I really need to wait a few hours)
Strange you have to wait, is it normally OK at the start then goes low or off?

If it is I wonder if the amplifier is overheating and turning off meaning your amp is faulty, after a few hours iys cooled down enough to turn back on.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Yeh so strange. Cross my fingers has only happen once to me so far. It is strange that leaving it turned off for hours solves the issue. Same thing happened to me. Maybe it is a over heat or some type of electrical sensor issue?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Sadly, I missed my appointment this morning. I over slept, SO frustrated! Even worse, I can't get in until Monday. I'm guessing they have that one person that works on EV's. AND to take the frustration further, my issue has not resolved but is happening all the time. I can play music through BT or AA, the song plays for a few moments, maybe even through to the next song, then dead air, no sound. If i switch to radio, the sound is back. I'm getting a new phone this week. I'm hoping it's the phone (I have a Pixel 4xl, not that old) but at least I can rule that out.

I'll be posting and reading!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Occasionally we have found that there’s no sound coming from the Meridian speakers. We get no sound from the different audio modes of DAB, Bluetooth, or even the Sounds of Nature app that comes with the car. This also affects the alerts, such as collision and also the car navigation voice.

We have tried turning the car off and starting again and this doesn’t seem to resolve the problem.

The only way we have seen the problem resolve is if we have driven to a place and then left the vehicle and gone shopping for example and then returned to the car and the speakers work again.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

We are up to date on all of the latest Kia updates from the dealer, but we had the problem before some of the more recent updates too.
Any updates on this issue? I am experiencing the same problem now and it has been 8 days. Waiting for an appointment at dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In Australia I have heard Kia is aware of the issue however no confirmation on a fix here yet.
For you in the USA there was a big update recently for media and navigation head unit. Plus there was a update for the amp and some cars needed a wiring harness fix as well. So if you both haven't had those I would hope that would fix the sound issue

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I am so sorry I haven't posted. I've been sick and sadly this was put on the back burner :(. I believe most of my sound issues were being caused by Google Maps Drive Mode. I'm not sure how this was invoked but what was happening is that my phone was going into Do Not Disturb even when I was using Android Auto wired or wireless but not until I was driving. I have since done some research and I have been able to hopefully disable Drive Mode. I have been able to reproduce the issue and it is easy to invoke Drive Mode without knowing. If you open android auto on your phone, the Drive Mode option shows on the screen. If you even hit the button to "check it out" nothing appears but the next time you drive off, the sound cuts out. Google has been making some poor decisions lately (IMHO) but this was frustrating. I hope this helps a little.

I did have the 2 updates performed last week and I'm not certain if they fixed anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Occasionally we have found that there’s no sound coming from the Meridian speakers. We get no sound from the different audio modes of DAB, Bluetooth, or even the Sounds of Nature app that comes with the car. This also affects the alerts, such as collision and also the car navigation voice.

We have tried turning the car off and starting again and this doesn’t seem to resolve the problem.

The only way we have seen the problem resolve is if we have driven to a place and then left the vehicle and gone shopping for example and then returned to the car and the speakers work again.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

We are up to date on all of the latest Kia updates from the dealer, but we had the problem before some of the more recent updates too.
I have the same problem. I call KIA Connect and open a ticket, because i need evidence about this, easy we can have an accident…. I depend a lot of all this features.
How we can get any info from Kia?
Everything start happening once they update my software (recall)

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
107 Posts
Sadly, I missed my appointment this morning. I over slept, SO frustrated! Even worse, I can't get in until Monday. I'm guessing they have that one person that works on EV's. AND to take the frustration further, my issue has not resolved but is happening all the time. I can play music through BT or AA, the song plays for a few moments, maybe even through to the next song, then dead air, no sound. If i switch to radio, the sound is back. I'm getting a new phone this week. I'm hoping it's the phone (I have a Pixel 4xl, not that old) but at least I can rule that out.

I'll be posting and reading!
To be allowed to sell EVs, Kia requires their dealers to have a minimum of two EV certified techs.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind eAWD w/ Technology Package in Interstellar Grey
20 Posts
I have this issue.... No sounds on any front speakers. Will take it to the dealer on next week. Sound had not returned after the car was turned off overnight.
This just happen to me yesterday. Had the car for 4 months and just hit 10k miles. Drove to work just fine, but when I left I noticed the volume was lower than normal. Played with the controls and found that there is no sound coming from the two speakers in the front doors.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,452 Posts
This just happen to me yesterday. Had the car for 4 months and just hit 10k miles. Drove to work just fine, but when I left I noticed the volume was lower than normal. Played with the controls and found that there is no sound coming from the two speakers in the front doors.
Have you had the sound software update done in the past as some people are reporting issues with the amplifier after this update?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind eAWD w/ Technology Package in Interstellar Grey
20 Posts
Have you had the sound software update done in the past as some people are reporting issues with the amplifier after this update?
No I haven't. The dealer did the SC236 Shifter Control Unit (SCU) and SA495 DATC Logic update during the 8k service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had again this 3rd time. posted before just seen thread had car since December

I have a feeling, it's something to do with temperature. When over 25°c outside sometimes a pop when turning on. And sometimes no sound. But guess others are in hotter places. Anyone else in UK notice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My FE AWD (March 22) is approaching 9K miles. Meridian sound system just failed . No sound from few speakers. Tin can sound. Almost like a loud cell phone speaker. I have scheduled an Appointment with the Irvine Kia dealer. Previously, the Nav unit(maps only) froze at around 5K miles, and did the update via USB myself and it got resolved and I felt the sound also had improved compared to earlier. One thing I noticed from day one of ownership is the whole Display unit runs super hot during the day. Even at night, the unit gets really warm. I wonder what insane computer processing does it have to do to just connect bluetooth and play some music and display some basic info.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts