Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've had my EV6 for two months and I'm trying to connect an OBD CX. OBD Link connection wizard gets me halfway there but will not connect to the car. I'm also wondering why the OBD Link app doesn't appear when I connect Apple Play.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
464 Posts
I haven’t had trouble with my CX until today. But this was the first time in the car since I upgraded my phone and OS, so I’ll likely need to re-pair it with both Car Scanner and ABRP. Didn’t take the time today, as my wife had the first of two cataract surgeries. Maybe tomorrow.

IIRC, CarPlay can’t display due to licensing issues, requirements, or reasons. Take your pick. LOL

EDIT: As suspected a simple unplug the CX and plug back in forced a pair request. All good for me now.

@RustyK, any luck getting further along? I reread your post and AFAIK, the OBDLink app will not display either. Again, I believe this is a licensing issue, that in order to use CarPlay the app developer must pay a licensing fee to Apple. IIRC, that is what the Car Scanner app developer mentioned as well. I could be wrong and that won’t be the first time. 🤪

1 - 5 of 5 Posts