Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone asked about this the other day, however, cannot find the post, they were saying the only way to open/close the charge port was from the button inside the car. at the cluster to the right of the steering wheel Actually, there is another way to do this, I saw it in the 1000KM EV6 challenge and tested it out today, works a treat... is this an official feature? or just luck that the door touches the internal button?

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
88 Posts
... is this an official feature? or just luck that the door touches the internal button?

If you look at the inside of the charge door flap you'll see that there is a coresponding raised bump to ensure that it touches the button - some folk have complained because the flap is slightly out of line and wont open when pressed. :eek:

John

Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
102 Posts
There's a video clip from EVOdessey on YT about this very subject. Only short clips. I find his channel very informative.

Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are just as vulnerable as ICE car fule doors, my old ICE car fuel door for example.... I walked right into it at the petrol pump, bent it right back my mistake.. Didn't seem to even affect it closed up fine, no issue, maybe that's German engineering at its best, does the EV6 charge door bend back, or do we think it will snap off completly if it were to happen?.

·
Registered
287 Posts
They are just as vulnerable as ICE car fule doors, my old ICE car fuel door for example.... I walked right into it at the petrol pump, bent it right back my mistake.. Didn't seem to even affect it closed up fine, no issue, maybe that's German engineering at its best, does the EV6 charge door bend back, or do we think it will snap off completly if it were to happen?.
I think it will snap. It’s pretty thin, stiff plastic.

It’s the most protruding charge/fuel door I have ever seen.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

(Not mine - random photo)

Don’t you think it looks very vulnerable? I do :p.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts