Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase Wind AWD for the spouse. I am a current Tesla owner and understand about driver assist options. Most of the options like 360 view, rear view monitor when turn signal on, and remote call are things that I don't know if it is worth the $1,500 charge.

What do you think?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am looking to purchase Wind AWD for the spouse. I am a current Tesla owner and understand about driver assist options. Most of the options like 360 view, rear view monitor when turn signal on, and remote call are things that I don't know if it is worth the $1,500 charge.

What do you think?
The 360 view is incredibly helpful when parking - it was a must have for me when choosing a car. The EV6 is quite bulky with somewhat iffy visibility and I hate dinging alloys. I’m not saying other features aren’t nice but the 360 view is really worth having.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
253 Posts

What do you think?
I have gone back and forth on this issue and for now I can't see the value.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Blind spot view monitor is good too. Only caveat is you actually have to use the turn signal for it to work so....
Yes, it works really well - eventually I’ll get value from that when a cyclist starts weaving through the traffic without looking around. Not too long ago when I was driving through the one way system in my home town, I indicated to turn right well in advance but that didn’t stop a ginger bearded, Lycra clad fanny from cycling up the right hand side of my car just as I was about to make the turn. Fortunately for Mr Fanny, I did double check and had time to slam on the anchors.

I am always incredibly careful around cyclists, but there’s no accounting for behaviour like that.

So yes, the blind spot monitor will possibly come into it’s own one day. 😀

·
Registered
499 Posts
Blind Spot monitors (left AND right) and 360 degree camera alone are worth the 1500$ cost, for me. Your experience might vary, I was happy the car we liked had this package on.
For sure--in my case it helps me avoid scratching/damaging the front lip from hitting the curb or high-profile concrete front barrier when trying to pull into a perpendicular stall head-first, or when backing into a perpendicular stall and making sure you can back all the way in without hitting a wall or the vehicle behind you.

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
In my humble opinion,,
I believe that it is worth it.
It has a safety value, as well as resale value to the vehicle.
And,, may very well add some type of a $ break, in insurance.

There is a saying that say...
" it's better to have it and not need it, then the need it and not have it."

·
Registered
64 Posts
In some markets, such as the Northwest, It's hard/impossible to find a Wind/AWD without the the tech package. And I agree with the other posts the features included are well worth the cost. I do wish they would have included the ambient lighting in the package though.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
71 Posts
In some markets, such as the Northwest, It's hard/impossible to find a Wind/AWD without the the tech package. And I agree with the other posts the features included are well worth the cost. I do wish they would have included the ambient lighting in the package though.
Same here in south Florida. I'm good with it, for the aforementioned visibility with the bulk of the vehicle. And I've actually used the remote Smart Parking Assist (not just for showing off).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Blind spot view monitor is good too. Only caveat is you actually have to use the turn signal for it to work so....
Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically have the blind spot monitor camera come on when someone goes into the blind spot or a way to view the monitor without putting on a turn signal as this scares the people in the blind spot and they blow their horn.

·
Registered
KIA EV6 AWD Wind w/Tech Package
86 Posts
Includes
  • Surround View Monitor
  • Remote Smart Parking Assist
  • Blind View Monitor
  • Parking Collision Avoidance Assist
I enjoy the surround view, wouldn't get a car in 2022 (especially this one) without blindspot (enjoy having the monitors in the dash) and the parking collision is helpful.

I guess for my own understanding, is the blind view the screen upgrade in the dash and you would still have the mirror lights without the technology package?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here in south Florida. I'm good with it, for the aforementioned visibility with the bulk of the vehicle. And I've actually used the remote Smart Parking Assist (not just for showing off).
hey what dealer did you go to, experience price out the door and model do you have? Ive been hunting for one in south florida, and bargaining prices, little by little ive been able to bring it to MSRP.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought it mostly because my wife will be driving the car most of the time. I did find the cross traffic warning useful. When backing out of parking spot and a car is approaching, the car will beep with on screen warning.

I also use the top down view when backing up a lot.

The rear visibility on this car is horrible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The 360 view seems gimmicky until you have it on your vehicle and then you wonder how you lived without it. Not knowing if this is only a part of a certain trim, but the self-parking feature seems more like a gimmick or something just to show off to your friends.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts