Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you try The Car Pros Huntington Beach? They have something like a $5000 mark up and add on crap but they will negotiate. I was looking at a GT Line RWD and negotiating over the phone. I had them at $1500 and no add on crap and it looked like they were going to go for it when I saw the same car in Colorado Springs at a $2500 off MSRP. I guess the RWD isn't too popular in Colorado/Denver area. Our other car is AWD so didn't need it. I jumped on a plane the next day and drove it home. Even had to put chains on (actually cables I bought at Walmart) over the Rockies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you try The Car Pros Huntington Beach? They have something like a $5000 mark up and add on crap but they will negotiate. I was looking at a GT Line RWD and negotiating over the phone. I had them at $1500 and no add on crap and it looked like they were going to go for it when I saw the same car in Colorado Springs at a $2500 off MSRP. I guess the RWD isn't too popular in Colorado/Denver area. Our other car is AWD so didn't need it. I jumped on a plane the next day and drove it home. Even had to put chains on (actually cables I bought at Walmart) over the Rockies.
Thank you do you know if they ship as well?

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Hi everyone I'm knew to the forum and thinking of getting kia ev6 Wind
Any dealers that you guys mY know?
Or if is out of state do they deliver to orange county? If order?
I just received mine from Colorado. Paid MSRP. They’ll ship anywhere. Contact Kerry Kennicutt +1 (970) 218-8415 at Peak Kia North and tell him Chris Sheets sent you. He can even order you one at MSRP if he doesn’t have what you want already or incoming.

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
I bought mine from Garden Grove Kia on the 5th of this month.
I received a level 1 and level 2 charger to close the deal and paid MSRP.
I refused to pay their silly alarm addendum.
I Guess they really wanted to move inventory that day.
That night they had two other EV6' in Fe and 2 Wind.

When I went to pick up my level 2 charger The following Sunday, they had zero left.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm confused. It seems like to get one of these you need to order it and wait many many months. Then there's threads like this where it sounds like it's reasonably possible to buy one off a lot, sometimes at MSRP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's
I'm confused. It seems like to get one of these you need to order it and wait many many months. Then there's threads like this where it sounds like it's reasonably possible to buy one off a lot, sometimes at MSRP.
That's because the dealer that wiliing to sell MSRP might not have the trim or color combination you're looking for, others might have what you looking for but won't do msrp. So ordering what you want at a dealer that will sell for msrp makes sense. Trade in is another equation on its own if that's part of the equation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You are the perfect person to ask how did the rwd KIA do in weather conditions? As we all know EVs have incredible torque which help in snowy conditions. My Model 3 did ok and was almost as good as a front wheel drive car. I was wondering how does the KIA performs in crappy weather conditions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought mine from Garden Grove Kia on the 5th of this month. I received a level 1 and level 2 charger to close the deal and paid MSRP.
I refused to pay their silly alarm addendum.
I Guess they really wanted to move inventory that day.
That night they had two other EV6' in Fe and 2 Wind.

When I went to pick up my level 2 charger The following Sunday, they had zero left.
I bought mine at Kia Irvine and they refused to sell me the car if I didn’t buy their version of Lo Jack for $1500. It’s bull crap

I didn’t pay a mark up on the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are the perfect person to ask how did the rwd KIA do in weather conditions? As we all know EVs have incredible torque which help in snowy conditions. My Model 3 did ok and was almost as good as a front wheel drive car. I was wondering how does the KIA performs in crappy weather conditions?
It was 10 degrees f and snowing light to moderate when I was about 10 miles to the Eisenhower Tunnel. There was a sign saying chains required ahead. All of a sudden the vehicle started getting squirrelly (sliding). So I stopped and put my cables on the rear tires. Then they closed the freeway so I took the Loveland Pass road which was really hairy. I kept thinking I was feeling the wheels slip (might have been my imagination). I had a death grip on the steering wheel. As I was coming down the hill towards Keystone I noticed that I had the regenerative thing on. I think it was on level 3. So now I'm wondering if that was the problem all along. I did not have any more feelings of wheel slippage. The Kumho tires have good snow ratings at the Tire Rack website.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was 10 degrees f and snowing light to moderate when I was about 10 miles to the Eisenhower Tunnel. There was a sign saying chains required ahead. All of a sudden the vehicle started getting squirrelly (sliding). So I stopped and put my cables on the rear tires. Then they closed the freeway so I took the Loveland Pass road which was really hairy. I kept thinking I was feeling the wheels slip (might have been my imagination). I had a death grip on the steering wheel. As I was coming down the hill towards Keystone I noticed that I had the regenerative thing on. I think it was on level 3. So now I'm wondering if that was the problem all along. I did not have any more feelings of wheel slippage. The Kumho tires have good snow ratings at the Tire Rack website.
I used to snowboard in Loveland near that tunnel and know how bad the weather can get. By taking a rear wheel car over the Divide in the snow was pretty gutsy. I am glad you made it.

After getting thru the mess, it must have been a nice ride home. Did you have any issues finding charging stations?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to snowboard in Loveland near that tunnel and know how bad the weather can get. By taking a rear wheel car over the Divide in the snow was pretty gutsy. I am glad you made it.

After getting thru the mess, it must have been a nice ride home. Did you have any issues finding charging stations?
No problem at all. Electrify America about every 50-100 miles except between Green River and Provo was maybe 130 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my EV6 GT line at Kia of Ontario about 30 min from OC paid MSRP but had to pay 1600 in add ons ask for Cesar.
good luck
Sal

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think it was on level 3. So now I'm wondering if that was the problem all along.
Press and hold "mode" button on the wheel to get snow mode. I think it locks out regen and engages the front clutch so the front wheels are always available for stability control, rather than on a delay. Not sure if there are other things. Unfortunately, if you engage it accidentally, the only way to go back to a normal mode is park/power cycle.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks. Interesting about the stability control. Will definitely do that in future.
Oh, of course, the front clutch thing isn't relevant in the RWD car :) But I imagine it still probably changes some stability control parameters to allow for an expected degree of slip etc.

I'm also eager to try it out. Seems like the opportunities this year have all passed, though :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
KIA IN HB is one of the worst dealerships. I wouldn’t buy there. I bought mine at Kia Irvine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KIA IN HB is one of the worst dealerships. I wouldn’t buy there. I bought mine at Kia Irvine
I agree with you. I had inquired about the kia ev6. They have mark up there prices and not willing to provide information on dealer fees. When I told them I can go somewhere else to get a better deal he reply ( let me know where so I can also by some) so unprofessional.
Hopefully this gets to alot of people and never purchase there.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts