Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that placed an order through a dealer been given an estimated time frame? I placed an order with a local dealer that is selling at MSRP, but they aren't sure of how long it may take.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think this is worth answers. I ordered March 5th. Was told "up to 1 year".

I can tell they're trying not to over promise. I'm not sure what to think, frankly.

I had a similar experience with Genesis years ago - and that car came early.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Canada here, any orders in Canada placed in February or later are Q1 2023, so a year is a safe bet to make. Everything placed earlier (January, December) will be delivered within 2022 but I was unable to get firmer dates. A firmer date will be released once production schedules are figured out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Canada here, any orders in Canada placed in February or later are Q1 2023, so a year is a safe bet to make. Everything placed earlier (January, December) will be delivered within 2022 but I was unable to get firmer dates. A firmer date will be released once production schedules are figured out.
Curious where you got this info from?
There was a "pre-order" period in Canada which later you turned into an actual order (after pricing was released beginning of Feb), so you are saying if we had pre-orders in Dec/Jan and made those into orders they should be delivered this year?
I had a Dec pre-order and then turned it into an order mid-feb and my sales guy said kia said it'll be by end of 2022.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Curious where you got this info from?
There was a "pre-order" period in Canada which later you turned into an actual order (after pricing was released beginning of Feb), so you are saying if we had pre-orders in Dec/Jan and made those into orders they should be delivered this year?
I had a Dec pre-order and then turned it into an order mid-feb and my sales guy said kia said it'll be by end of 2022.
I got the information from my dealer. I should have been more specific: a "pre-order" starting in December technically has put your place in line. When you finalized the order in February, all they did was go back to the order that was already in the system and fill in the details, so you're good.

That is how it was explained to me. I had a "pre-order" in January and I finalized it a few weeks ago at the end of February.

A word of caution to other Canadians here, in case your dealer is not being straight forward and/or not communicating. Any pre-orders BEFORE December (when Kia opened up pre-orders to dealers) mean absolutely nothing since they were with the dealers only. A good dealer would have sent the pre-order to Kia when they opened up pre-orders, but I have heard of at least on dealer dropping the ball and the customer getting screwed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So essentially everyone will be ordering a 2023 model really then >°<
In Canada, yes, it will be a 2023 MY delivered in early 2023. The allocation in Canada and USA is a little different though. Americans get actual dealer inventory, we don't. Most cars due to be delivered this year will be customer ordered vehicles, and in some cases, dealer demos that are not meant to be sold, although there is chatter about not even shipping demos since these things sell themselves and they would prefer to deliver to customers instead. This is the same approach with VW and the ID4 in Canada; dealers will not be receiving any demo units.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put in an order today, but the Kia dealership said that their system isn't available today. They also didn't have a timeframe, although I'm in no big hurry as it'll give me time to save more money for a larger down payment. I did put a $500 deposit so that they know that I'm serious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the dealer is able to see estimated dates for build, inspection and delivery.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree, I think the dealer can see build dates and more. But I don't think they can see them until the order is closer to production. A new order won't show anything for a month (or several?).
IIRC they get the build schedule every few months (or maybe it was every quarter). They only have a view that is a few months out, not the whole year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the information from my dealer. I should have been more specific: a "pre-order" starting in December technically has put your place in line. When you finalized the order in February, all they did was go back to the order that was already in the system and fill in the details, so you're good.

That is how it was explained to me. I had a "pre-order" in January and I finalized it a few weeks ago at the end of February.

A word of caution to other Canadians here, in case your dealer is not being straight forward and/or not communicating. Any pre-orders BEFORE December (when Kia opened up pre-orders to dealers) mean absolutely nothing since they were with the dealers only. A good dealer would have sent the pre-order to Kia when they opened up pre-orders, but I have heard of at least on dealer dropping the ball and the customer getting screwed.
So I placed my order in start of December and I was told the same thing that I will be able to hold my place in line and then make any changes to my order like trim etc once the pricing is announced. I had initially picked the long range awd. In the start of March i asked my dealer to change my order to GT1 trim.
A couple of weeks ago, my dealer told me that my car is in production and expected by end of May. I was really excited but got another call a couple of days later from the dealer saying that kia had produced the long range awd and not the GT1 😑.
I then asked the dealer to send me the order number for the GT1 and it seems the order number is different for it as compared to the order they placed in December. So basically, I did not hold my place in line and I will probably get my GT1 next year like all other people who placed their orders in March

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I placed my order in start of December and I was told the same thing that I will be able to hold my place in line and then make any changes to my order like trim etc once the pricing is announced. I had initially picked the long range awd. In the start of March i asked my dealer to change my order to GT1 trim.
A couple of weeks ago, my dealer told me that my car is in production and expected by end of May. I was really excited but got another call a couple of days later from the dealer saying that kia had produced the long range awd and not the GT1 😑.
I then asked the dealer to send me the order number for the GT1 and it seems the order number is different for it as compared to the order they placed in December. So basically, I did not hold my place in line and I will probably get my GT1 next year like all other people who placed their orders in March
Who is your dealer? Where are you located? What colour was it?

I have something to share with regards to order numbers. When I first placed the order, they used a placeholder "GTL2" version. This was before trims and pricing was announced since they had no info.

Pricing and trim choices came out, and I set my sights on LR AWD instead. I also made my colour selections at that point. All this happened a few weeks after pricing was released sometime in February.

At some point in March, I requested my order number out of curiosity, which the dealer shared with me. My order number was in the 3xxxx range, but it still had my GTL2 trim on there. When I asked about it, they said that the "update" to the order hadn't made it through and they had to make an update to the system to include the new trim and colour choices. After that, they sent me my new order number which was in the 5xxxx range.

I asked them about that and my place in line, and their response was that the order number is NOT an indication of where you are in line. Apparently, Kia has a different way to track customer positions, and that they go by name/address. They also said that Kia Canada will find my name and find two orders, and that they marked on my orders that the newest one is the more accurate one and the older one was just a placeholder. My assumption is when an order is first placed with them before pricing was released, they create an entry for the given customer, and any subsequent order modification just creates a new record for the same customer.

I was assured multiple times that changing trim/colour does not affect place in line. This was confirmed by others that made changes.

All that to say is that their tracking process is far from transparent, and that the order number is likely a misleading identifier to go by. If what my dealer said is true and that Kia tracks by name/address instead of order number, then don't lose hope. It's all but confirmed at this point that Kia produces cars of certain trims/colours in batches, so if there was an AWD coming your way, it does not necessarily mean that your new order is at the back of the queue and this AWD model was from the original order. It could just mean that they are producing the AWD batch right now and they had an unassigned vehicle that they presented to you since you were probably next on the list...that is my guess anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone that placed an order through a dealer been given an estimated time frame? I placed an order with a local dealer that is selling at MSRP, but they aren't sure of how long it may take.
I placed my order on March 15th and they told me approximately 6 months. I was just notified yesterday that my order is complete and will be at the dealership in 30-60 days. That's only 3-4 months if it really arrives by then. I'm very surprised.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a dealer in the area that let me put in an order for MSRP, but I have to use their financing. I put the order in, and I'm hoping their rates aren't astronomical (though I can always refinance).

They said they couldn't promise anything, but they've been seeing ordered EV6's come in after about 2-2.5 months. I'm skeptical, but that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
I found a dealer in the area that let me put in an order for MSRP, but I have to use their financing. I put the order in, and I'm hoping their rates aren't astronomical (though I can always refinance).

They said they couldn't promise anything, but they've been seeing ordered EV6's come in after about 2-2.5 months. I'm skeptical, but that would be awesome.
What area are you in? I have an order in for a GT Line, no deposit since they accidentally sold my FE (yes, I believe it as it sold for MSRP and I am a repeat customer to this dealership). They have no clue as to when it will come in and I wish I could better have an idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What area are you in? I have an order in for a GT Line, no deposit since they accidentally sold my FE (yes, I believe it as it sold for MSRP and I am a repeat customer to this dealership). They have no clue as to when it will come in and I wish I could better have an idea.
I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago. No idea if they were exaggerating to get me to put in an order, but almost every other place is adding a 5-20% markup on orders. I guess we'll see!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - first entry. In UK ordered 30th March. Dealer says nothing definite but indicating Q1 2023. Did say that no deliveries going to Russia now so that may help everyone else. Maybe!!

·
Registered
Ordered: Gravity Blue EV6 AWD w/ Tech Package
81 Posts
Ordered a gravity blue Wind trim AWD with tech package on 4/8 from Gossett Kia in Memphis, TN at MSRP with no dealer add-ons. Initially told 2-3 months for delivery. Initial estimate from Kia was 5/19 which was updated to 5/29, but I just learned it was delivered today (5/24). It was not an allocated model.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts