Kia EV6 Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD
139 Posts
Agreed, that's what it looks like, and I will not be paying for Kia maps, Best to stick to Apple/Google Maps :) they are always better than car maps :). If Kia can get the EV6 updates rolled out with most/all of the large issues fix there would be a need to keep wanting or be looking for firmware updates and people wouldn't need OTA updates, just get on with driving your car. I get that people want to update their cars but it seems to be getting out of hand, it's a car to be driven, not updated like Windows :). I chatted with a BMW i3 owner on this exact subject, the EV community is obsessed with updates and changes to their EVs, not sure why.
Except for the very handy arrows in the HUD that only work with the car nav. Losing functionality that I paid for.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This question about when Nvidia Drive will be implemented in EV6 popped up in a recent thread. Can you elaborate a little bit what you mean by recent iterations and toolkits? I have tried to do a bit of research myself as well (elaborated here: Nvidia drive retrofittable?) and my best guess was also that the Nvidia Drive will be implemented in the EV6 for 2024 Model Year cars, but this was based primarily on the fact that it has been announced that the EV9 will be the first car to launch with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im not sure how many of you guys already have an EV6 or not. But speaking as a current owner of a 2022, please don't let this affect your enjoyment of the car. The car is very close to being perfect. yes there are a few hiccups and things that need updating, but it's very close to a complete system and almost entirely glitch/bug free already. I've experienced no major problems with the infotainment/software. Everything works, and you do have to dig a little in the manual to figure everything out. There are a couple software gremlins that will be fixed im sure, since they will have at least 2-3 model years on this system. You never know what could happen with a brand new platform. The new one could introduce tons of major problems. In the mean time, I love the car. It's a blast to drive and everything works. i plug it in, it charges. i put on some music, it plays. i get a phone call, it answers it. all of these, every single time. That's all i care about, honestly.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla MY, EV6 FE
68 Posts
This question about when Nvidia Drive will be implemented in EV6 popped up in a recent thread. Can you elaborate a little bit what you mean by recent iterations and toolkits? I have tried to do a bit of research myself as well (elaborated here: Nvidia drive retrofittable?) and my best guess was also that the Nvidia Drive will be implemented in the EV6 for 2024 Model Year cars, but this was based primarily on the fact that it has been announced that the EV9 will be the first car to launch with it.
I was merely talking about SDK releases from NVIDIA for the Drive platform and what NVIDIA included in the Press Release:
Article on Announcement
Nvidia founder and CEO Jensen Huang announced Tuesday at the company’s fall GTC event that Hyperion 8 — a production-ready platform that includes sensors, compute and software needed for AV development — is now available to buy for 2024 vehicle models.
SDK Download

101 - 106 of 106 Posts