Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
I was told yesterday by my dealer that there is an update coming out to the car that will allow over the air updates to the car and your get into the car and see something has changed as it has done an over the air update.

They are trying to remove the need to go to the dealers due to the amount of updates required to the car.

If this is true and works it will be a step in the right direction but why it is not already doing this is a different question.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was told yesterday by my dealer that there is an update coming out to the car that will allow over the air updates to the car and your get into the car and see something has changed as it has done an over the air update.

They are trying to remove the need to go to the dealers due to the amount of updates required to the car.

If this is true and works it will be a step in the right direction but why it is not already doing this is a different question.
Totally agree... seems a little short-sighted of them to have not had this function operational on release of the vehicle. I mean, it's not exactly ground breaking technology, and a lot of car manufacturers have had this for years (hello Tesla!).

It's a tech-heavy vehicle and they can't expect their customers to keep going back to the dealers every few weeks as they release new software for various bug fixes, and additional features. The dealers would not be able to handle the sheer volume of appointments required (*I'm already having to wait for 2 months at my dealer to get seen for the traction control issue!), just for a quick update to fix a bug!

Let's hope that they also get Apple Carplay and Android Auto working wirelessly in this update too. Another thing that currently "spoils" the EV6 having to have USB cables draped from the bottom of the consoie up to the phone charging pad, just so you can use Carplay. Well established that the car has the hardware that supports it - so why not enable it?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Long Range Yacht Blue
9 Posts

This is interesting, because the word on OTA was always that it would only be for the infotainment and navigation, not drivetrain and assitance systems.

·
Registered
189 Posts

I am unfamiliar with the wider KIA brand, but I guess they don'th ave a history of OTA on their cars in the UK...or maybe generally in europe. If so, then they need to invest and design the infrastructure and back-office systems to implement this, ensure the correct variant of cars get the correct updates etc etc. It is likely no trivial task.

·
Registered
Nov 21 EV6 GT Line RWD in yacht blue.
21 Posts
Interesingly, I've just updated to the new version and at the moment it won't let me set up the scheduled pre-heat. It says not available at this time or words to that effect.
Will try again in a little while.

Just tried again after an hour and it still won't let me set the pre-heat settings, just says not available.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
I am unfamiliar with the wider KIA brand, but I guess they don'th ave a history of OTA on their cars in the UK...or maybe generally in europe. If so, then they need to invest and design the infrastructure and back-office systems to implement this, ensure the correct variant of cars get the correct updates etc etc. It is likely no trivial task.
🤞

·
Registered
88 Posts
Interesingly, I've just updated to the new version and at the moment it won't let me set up the scheduled pre-heat. It says not available at this time or words to that effect.
Will try again in a little while.

Just tried again after an hour and it still won't let me set the pre-heat settings, just says not available.
There is a new update out now 1pm Jan 21st

It seems like its a bug fix to rollback to the last update, may be because of the issues the one they released yesterday had with the app

·
Registered
Nov 21 EV6 GT Line RWD in yacht blue.
21 Posts

It seems like its a bug fix to rollback to the last update, may be because of the issues the one they released yesterday had with the app

I've just checked and can't find a new version newer than the one (Jan 22) I downloaded yesterday?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Long Range Yacht Blue
9 Posts

I've just checked and can't find a new version newer than the one (Jan 22) I downloaded yesterday?
Correct, the newest version is now called 211216 after they rolled back 220107

1 - 11 of 11 Posts