Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get an update pushed to their car? I got an update message in the last few days and I had not downloaded anything. In fact, there was no USB connected in the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ho interesting and exciting.. Although I already have a bug to report. HUD now suddenly switches its brightness.. Day time is OK but in night it becomes a glaring box which makes it difficult to focus on the road. It does go back to the old brightness but it is a recipe for disaster

·
Registered
FE 1010 Glacier
26 Posts
Ho interesting and exciting.. Although I already have a bug to report. HUD now suddenly switches its brightness.. Day time is OK but in night it becomes a glaring box which makes it difficult to focus on the road. It does go back to the old brightness but it is a recipe for disaster
I thought I was going crazy

just had the dealership do SA494 and now the HUD has a big box around it
So I have to turn brightness down at night and up during the day (so I can partially see it wearing polarized sun glasses)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,373 Posts
Did anyone get an update pushed to their car? I got an update message in the last few days and I had not downloaded anything. In fact, there was no USB connected in the car.
What changed?

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line (Urban Yellow, 1st Ed, 881/1000)
122 Posts
What version did you get? There's been reports of the OTA push just being the April/May 2022 update. I already updated via USB but I've seen posts here that the OTA push might still happen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What version did you get? There's been reports of the OTA push just being the April/May 2022 update. I already updated via USB but I've seen posts here that the OTA push might still happen.
Will check a bit later but I had already updated the previous versions through a USB. So this is definitely new

·
Registered
28 Posts
My car says OTA update is available, but when I click the Update button it just throws an error to check the device. Odd...
I think what it means by "OTA Update: Available" is that the ability to take OTA updates is available to you. If you have Kia Connect Ultimate, which I believe every new owner gets for one year free, your car will automatically download OTA updates and then prompt you to install once downloaded.

Another way of saying what I circled below.
Human body Slope Font Terrestrial plant Magenta

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

This is the update details page. It says that this is April update but I don't recall April update being so small. And I had updated through usb months ago. Not sure what triggered the update message on my EV6.

I was hopeful that Kia has turned on OTA updates. Oh well, the wait continues.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,373 Posts
Strange as in the UK we are on June software, strange how different countries have different updates, i get maybe the map side but the rest should be the same, I guess due to different laws etc the updates will be different from region to region.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no way they pushed a 30+GB update out OTA. Verizon would be really upset about the bandwidth. I don't think they can push something that large till the car can connect to your home wifi like a Tesla

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed.. Can someone check the version number after the April/May update? I am seeing a difference in what the Car says the latest update contains vs what the Kia website says.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So this is confirmed to be live as there are folks who started receiving the update in the last couple of weeks. I will take screenshots a bit later to indicate what all changes were pushed. As far as I recall, there were minor changes and no updated maps.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
316 Posts
I believe this is the April update correci?
Yes. Kia pulled it for a few weeks, then put it back up May 4th.
That said, maybe Kia finally got OTA working and compressed the necessary files enough to make it reasonable to push. Or it could be a smaller “fixit” or point update so they kept the same version number.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of Kia programmers. LOL

·
Registered
2022 Snow White Pearl EV6 GT-Line AWD
3 Posts
Did get an OTA push yesterday. Posted on another thread but this is what I saw. No USB used.
Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment Portable communications device Font

Top right corner had this. (There was a down arrow in the center of the circle earlier in the day).

Computer Gadget Font Display device Technology

Screen showed this after I got home. Left the car on for an hour and fifteen, the update went from 22% to 54% in that time.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts