Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my first edition yesterday. The fact that the Android auto screen doesn't fit the whole screen like Apple carplay is super annoying.

I was going to the menu and I noticed that it says OTA update: available. How do I take this OTA update?

I have attached a picture of this.
Font Gadget Computer Display device Technology

·
Registered
607 Posts
@Anish88, you should also try the Kia EV6 Owners group on Facebook which has a lot of European owners and maybe someone can advise you. I thought software updates over the air weren't enabled yet and that they still needed to be done at the dealership.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
It’s not OTA yet. If you try to click update, it will ask for a USB to locate the files.

Goto update.Kia.com and see what’s available for download and install. You’ll need to put the files onto the ISB and plug into the car.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD
139 Posts
It’s not OTA yet. If you try to click update, it will ask for a USB to locate the files.

Goto update.Kia.com and see what’s available for download and install. You’ll need to put the files onto the ISB and plug into the car.
The car says there's an OTA available but on update.kia.com after I install the navigation updater the EV6 doesn't even show up as an available model to download data for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
probably be next week after super bowl launch.
I spoke to a dealer today about the infotainment system updates and he claims when he "spoke with the Kia rep who was onsite", that updates for the new NVIDIA system (supposedly coming in 2022 to Hyundai and Kia vehicles) would also flow over to the existing system and potentially allow for updates beyond the infotainment system. Has anyone else heard that? I spoke to someone at Kia and they had no idea. Sort of a big deal if you are going to buy one and they come out with the system a few months later and you are driving one that can't be updated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I spoke to a dealer today about the infotainment system updates and he claims when he "spoke with the Kia rep who was onsite", that updates for the new NVIDIA system (supposedly coming in 2022 to Hyundai and Kia vehicles) would also flow over to the existing system and potentially allow for updates beyond the infotainment system. Has anyone else heard that? I spoke to someone at Kia and they had no idea. Sort of a big deal if you are going to buy one and they come out with the system a few months later and you are driving one that can't be updated.
Current cars can always be updated... it's just a matter of OTA/self-install vs having to go to the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts