Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Got a message last night saying an over the air update was ready to download and click confirm to download, I clicked confirm and then was met with the following message. Anyone else have this message and what did you do as far as i am aware I am on the most upto date software?
Font Space Technology Screenshot Display device

· Registered
46 Posts
I got the same message this morning.Tried to get it to update but had just set off driving so it refused and said wait until parked
Just checked on updates and it's disappeared
Haven't got a car so can't comment but "first two ... updates for free"! Hmm, what happens after that?
And how long before they go Microsoft-ish and declare the car no longer supported because you haven't been taking the updates?:eek:

· Registered
355 Posts
Yep, just got the same message.

Checked on update.kia.com and the latest one is dated 14th Nov and is the same 221004 version that I downloaded last time.

Will try and see if it wants to download a newer version later when I am home as the website is usually out of date.

The first 2 OTA are free, then you can pay for them or just keep manually downloading them onto USB for free.

· Registered
58 Posts
I just tried the Nav Updater on my PC and got a new download. 23GB rather than the usual 32.

Unfortunately the missus is currently out and about in my EV6 at the moment, so I can't try updating it for a few hours.

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let us know if and how you get around this if anyone does.

· Registered
578 Posts
dont see anything different here, still reporting 14th Nov as the latest update on the website with an actual date of 04.10.22

· Registered
355 Posts
Well mine has just completed and I have compared all the version numbers and it is exactly the same as the one I did on Mon 14th???

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well mine has just completed and I have compared all the version numbers and it is exactly the same as the one I did on Mon 14th???
So how did you get it to go past the warning message and do the over the air update?

· Registered
9 Posts
Yep I got the same message. Done the update as requested and the software version changed from 220721 to 221004 and it now says OTA is available. I was sitting in the car when it finished updating and immediately got a message on my watch from Kia connect saying the update failed, even though the software version has changed. can’t work this one out.

· Registered
58 Posts
So, I ran the updater today and it offered me a download. It compares what's available to what's already in the download location, and will normally go straight to the copy to USB page if it's the same. So something must have changed.

I copied to USB and tried installing it an hour ago. My car offered me the chance to update, so it must have seen a difference as well. However, nothing seems to have changed. All versions shown are exactly the same.

The download itself was only 23GB instead of the usual 32GB. I'm wondering if they have found a way to compress it more, since OTA updates will obviously be slower and cost Kia money in data charges.

· Registered
578 Posts
I did do a download, but the actual "downloading" part seem to take no time at all, followed by 3-4 mins to transfer to the USB. So looked to me like if it downloaded anything, it was minimal and the rest of the USB files came from the previously downloaded version.

· Registered
9 Posts
So, I ran the updater today and it offered me a download. It compares what's available to what's already in the download location, and will normally go straight to the copy to USB page if it's the same. So something must have changed.

I copied to USB and tried installing it an hour ago. My car offered me the chance to update, so it must have seen a difference as well. However, nothing seems to have changed. All versions shown are exactly the same.

The download itself was only 23GB instead of the usual 32GB. I'm wondering if they have found a way to compress it more, since OTA updates will obviously be slower and cost Kia money in data charges.
When did you last update it before tonight?

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the OTA update still did nothing as you could not access this.?

· Registered
58 Posts
Nothing changed. Still no option to download an OTA update. But I don't have the option ticked to install automatically, as I'd like to know the subscription pricing first before committing to updates installing without my say so.

I think they've just made the download smaller for the same content.

· Registered
578 Posts
Sometimes my (up to date) screen says the OTA is not available due to something to do with advance kia connect services not being available. Other times it shows its available. Seems random

I saw the "not available" thing today, went to KIA connect, pressed "reconfigured", when back to the software update screen, and now says OTA is available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts