Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD in Aurora Black Pearl
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an Aurora Black Pearl GT-Line AWD with the GT-Line white seat package. What a fun car.

My daughter has a BMW i3 and we keep a level 1 portable charger here for when she brings it up. Plugged in the EV6 and it began to charge immediately. Woke up at 100% with 293 mile range.

I have a ChargePoint level 2 charger in the box which I will get installed this week, but am happy that the level 1 works, albeit slowly.

Must say, this is an amazingly fun car to drive. I almost like it more than my 2009 Audi R8.

Looking forward to many miles and many years of EV driving.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just picked up an Aurora Black Pearl GT-Line AWD with the GT-Line white seat package. What a fun car.

My daughter has a BMW i3 and we keep a level 1 portable charger here for when she brings it up. Plugged in the EV6 and it began to charge immediately. Woke up at 100% with 293 mile range.

I have a ChargePoint level 2 charger in the box which I will get installed this week, but am happy that the level 1 works, albeit slowly.

Must say, this is an amazingly fun car to drive. I almost like it more than my 2009 Audi R8.

Looking forward to many miles and many years of EV driving.
Congratulations @jeffh and welcome to the forum! What stands out to you the most when you're driving it? Do you have any photos you can share?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get photos soon. As for driving:
  • I love the cockpit feel. It's very crisp, comfortable, and very easy to use (the digital stuff).
  • The power is intoxicating, even for someone who has owned an Audi R8 for 13 years. This thing just moves!
  • The serenity while driving is amazing. It's so quiet and peaceful.
I've owned a lot of cars in my 60+ years and this is clearly something new and amazing. I'm so glad that we got it. I'll never buy another gasoline ICE automobile again.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Congratulations! The power is indeed intoxicating. I'm not a speed demon or anything but I've never driven a car with such a powerful response as the EV6 in Sport mode. More power than I need but it's fun to kick it in sometimes. If other manufacturers follow Kia's lead then the EV future is very bright. :cool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey @jeffh, what do you think about the build quality? What was your experience like dealing with Kia?
Funny you should ask.

It was late in the evening yesterday when we took the car home, and the sun was fading. Today, in the bright sun, I noticed serious problems in the paint on panel after panel -- not from Kia, but from the dealer preparation. I took it back to the dealer this evening and spoke with one of their managers, who looked in detail at the car and agreed that there were serious problems, beginning with the dealer preparation. I'm returning it tomorrow for a proper detail and then likely its going to their paint shop for repair of scuffed clear coat and one scratch.

What a shame.

Otherwise, the build quality is excellent for a car in this class. Everything fits well, the surfaces are nice to the touch and easy on the eye, the interior is a delight, and the performance is superb. In spite of the paint issues, I am happy with the car. I do look forward to getting all of the paint issues corrected and ceramic coated. Hopefully that won't take more than a week or two.

As for the final question - dealing with Kia. Well, we're about to find out how that works. The dealer and Kia have an opportunity to make this right. I hope they step up to that challenge.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nobody cares about your feelings @jeffh we just want photos of your car. (I'm half kidding 😂 - we care what you think about the car, but seriously, post pics!)
See my note about the paint issues. I'll get some pictures of that tomorrow in the sunlight, and will post better pictures after I get it back corrected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
See my note about the paint issues. I'll get some pictures of that tomorrow in the sunlight, and will post better pictures after I get it back corrected.
I'm really between the Aurora Black and the Yacht Blue. The more i look at the Aurora the more i like it. Did you see any other colors before choosing the Aurora?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm really between the Aurora Black and the Yacht Blue. The more i look at the Aurora the more i like it. Did you see any other colors before choosing the Aurora?
At the dealership, there was was one in Steel Matte Gray and one in Aurora Black. I'm not a fan of matte finish paint for cars, and the Aurora Black with the white seats looks awesome. Plus I have two other black cars, so it looks consistent in the garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those were my preferences in color too. Went with the Aurora Black because it was a little more available. Would have preferred the Yacht Blue but the car that I saw on the lot had already been sold. The black looks great and matches the black of my 2004 MR2 - both fun to drive for very different reasons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny you should ask.

It was late in the evening yesterday when we took the car home, and the sun was fading. Today, in the bright sun, I noticed serious problems in the paint on panel after panel -- not from Kia, but from the dealer preparation. I took it back to the dealer this evening and spoke with one of their managers, who looked in detail at the car and agreed that there were serious problems, beginning with the dealer preparation. I'm returning it tomorrow for a proper detail and then likely its going to their paint shop for repair of scuffed clear coat and one scratch.

What a shame.

Otherwise, the build quality is excellent for a car in this class. Everything fits well, the surfaces are nice to the touch and easy on the eye, the interior is a delight, and the performance is superb. In spite of the paint issues, I am happy with the car. I do look forward to getting all of the paint issues corrected and ceramic coated. Hopefully that won't take more than a week or two.

As for the final question - dealing with Kia. Well, we're about to find out how that works. The dealer and Kia have an opportunity to make this right. I hope they step up to that challenge.
Good luck. My Aurora Black RWD Wind had/has a dent on the metal flare out under the driver's door handle. We didn't see it until we has signed the papers as it was still wrapped when we took it for a test drive. They tried to fix it and it is mostly gone but it is not ALL gone as it should be. I am awaiting a call back today to see how they will make this right but I do not have high hopes. This has been going on for over a month now. Kia cars are awesome, their dealers are absolute shit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To follow up -- I have my car back and the paint issues were corrected perfectly.

I returned the day after I purchased the car and met with one of the managers of the dealership. I explained -- politely -- what I had discovered and asked him to come out and confirm. He did. He said it as clear that the car had never been properly cleaned and that he would take care of it. And he did.

I've had a chance to drive it a bit and it's really a lot of fun. I can't imagine not owning an electric car now.

And the car is drawing a lot of attention on the road. I've seen more than a few people slow down and take cell phone photos of it as they drive by.

I'll work to get some photos up in the next couple days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only EV6 available at the dealer was the Aurora Black. Frankly, we lucked out -- arrived before the car was prepped for sale and basically bought it immediately after a brief test drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll get photos soon. As for driving:
  • I love the cockpit feel. It's very crisp, comfortable, and very easy to use (the digital stuff).
  • The power is intoxicating, even for someone who has owned an Audi R8 for 13 years. This thing just moves!
  • The serenity while driving is amazing. It's so quiet and peaceful.
I've owned a lot of cars in my 60+ years and this is clearly something new and amazing. I'm so glad that we got it. I'll never buy another gasoline ICE automobile again.
Hi Jeff, Do you notice much of a difference in acceleration between the normal mode vs the sport mode?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts