Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What needs improving, what needs fixing, what needs a little more engineering, what bugs you that a fix would improve ownership? Be specific in your remarks, and please be an owner that has some experience in the car before commenting.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
201 Posts
We need a quick to access HUD brightness adjustment. Scrolling through all those menus while driving isn't safe. ASSEMBLE A FOCUS GROUP FOR THAT INFOTAINMENT CENTER CONSOLE! Sure it was a cool concept but if you actually sat that product in front of a member of the public for 2 minutes you would have found those stupid issues that we all have purchased and figured out in 2 minutes. The Headlights don't work that well. They arrived out of adjustment as a few owners including myself have adjusted our own headlights on our new cars. The highbeams/long lights are barely noticable. I love my car but it seems like some things the manufacturer didn't bother to test after designing. FE #313 owner

·
Registered
2022 GT-Line EV6 Yacht Blue
11 Posts
Ditto on the buttons and headlights.

They came so close on the buttons, unlike other EV's they resisted putting everything on a touch-screen, But all the capactive touch buttons are too easy to accidentally change and quite distracting to have to look at while driving to prevent accidentally pushing the wrong one. It's the little things..

Reading the EU reviews of the adaptive headlights, I don't think that is the answer, how about some projectors?

I would add, improve the steering feedback a little, maybe offer different feedback settings, not just changing the steering weight but adding a little more road feedback.

Also, I would like to see a sport seat option with adjustable bolsters. maybe the GT will have those? If the GT solves the headlights, steering and seats, I would strongly consider trading up next year, assuming that Kia has not used up the federal tax rebate by then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What needs improving, what needs fixing, what needs a little more engineering, what bugs you that a fix would improve ownership? Be specific in your remarks, and please be an owner that has some experience in the car before commenting. View attachment 3745
I've never seen a green one. Is that a US or European version? Or did you Photoshop it to change color?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Allow the car to auto engage parking break when powered off! It is so annoying to have to pull a small lever to avoid becoming queasy. Also, the bass is (meridian system) horribly weak and makes the sound system borderline unusable (also it is extremely quiet below volume 50). Also, include the heat pump in the rwd model gt line. Finally make the front trunk in the rwd model match that of the European model and not the uselessly small awd one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Agree on the frunk. Would be some useful storage to have!
that frunk crap is based in them trying to get around having too big a frunk. If the frunk is too big an “American Child with a Lawyer” can fall in and be trapped and then sue Kia. They don’t want to install the emergency exit buttons nor space divider in the bigger frunk.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lots of great suggestions. However, I have to say, after 3 weeks and 1,604 miles, it has exceeded my expectations. The concerns raised in this forum were for me, in the end, pretty minor. Nothing that I couldn’t work around or else have just gotten used to. No regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Let me preface this by saying a) I love this car, and would buy it again, and b) many things could be changed in the infotainment without requiring new hardware. Ie Kia you could do a lot for existing owners, hint hint.

Suggestions:

Manual "battery pre-heat" capability so we can heat the battery for optimal DCFC. Don't force us to use Navi, what happens when it's out of date?

If I turn the car off in i-pedal, I want i-pedal on when I start it again.

Wireless AA/CP. If we can buy hardware that does this for $200, so can Kia.

Customize settings for drive modes. Eg switch to Normal - i-pedal engages. Switch to Eco - Auto Regen engages.

Allow more customization of displays. Especially being able to move stuff. The steering wheel gets in the way of so many things at my preferred seat and wheel positions. Let me move the HDA indicators and the blind spot camera views so I can actually see them.

Ditto for HUD.

Design a HUD that allows polarized lenses. Other mfrs have this.

Turn down sensitivity of lane centering. It can be pretty annoying if going over humps at high speed, destabilizes the car.

Turn on the front camera earlier if I'm approaching an object at low speed.

Kick-open rear hatch (foot wave under car). I had to disable the proximity open because of my garage config, which I suspect is shared by many (I have to walk behind the car to do almost anything in my garage). I have to remember to turn it on in advance if I'm shopping for something and will want it to auto open.

Remote climate start with the fob is too finicky.

Sentry mode / use existing cameras for security and for dash cams

Or, mirror-area and rear window USB ports for 3rd party dash cam installs.

Have the rear arm rest stop at a level position irrespective of rear seat recline.

A second light on the other side of the cargo area. Or a cargo overhead light. Or both.

Mirror-mounted puddle lights. This is a very cheap function hardware-wise, and should be standard. Use the MME as an example of doing this right.

Puddle lights for cargo area.

Being able to leave on the haunch/shoulder lights / turn them on when headlights are on. Those are cool! But they're rarely used.

I echo non-capacitive buttons for seat heaters/coolers.

Design the cargo sub-floor to better accommodate the charger bag. Or frunk. Or change the bag design.

Cargo hooks in cargo area need to be spaced more (for a cargo net). They're too close together. Or put in 6 instead of just 4.

Glass roof option would be nice, especially if it adds interior headroom, and particularly for the back seat area

·
Registered
166 Posts
Puddle lights for cargo area.
This is just a software fix away. They can turn on the regplate lights automatically when the boot is opened.

A lot of the fixes I would like can be handled by software development and changes.

* Disengange driving schedule and charging shedule. And also make this work at all, not forgotten all the time.
* Option to turn on battery warming while driving.
* Seat memory buttons on door changes/sets user profile. Now it's even more stupid with the buttons having settings dependant on user profile. Which means the current profile defines where the seat ends up when you fire the car up. (Yeah, just add your seat setting as #2 in the other profile. Hack.)
* There can be two key fobs in the car at the same time and connecting a profile to a fob makes you have to be careful with wich fob you pick. But the option to do it should be there.
* Configurable "Home screen" (The one that shows up on turning on the car) and an Ev6, not a NIro'ish car in the one that's there now.
* Different colours in the dash for eco and normal mode. They are too similar. Would be nice with some other options, like gauges instead of the "bars" that's there now.

I also have a gripe with the data share settings for being able to use some functions in the app. It does seem like Kia also wants as much as possible from us, but it can also just be ignorance and lazyness.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have my car yet but I want a feature that SAAB has, to dark out all instruments except speedo and other important data, great for night driving. Sentry mode for the cameras with recording, why should I have to buy dash cams to get evidence? Double sun visor option to have a shade on the side and front at the same time is simple but invaluable. Manual battery preheating

·
Registered
499 Posts
Kick-open rear hatch (foot wave under car). I had to disable the proximity open because of my garage config, which I suspect is shared by many (I have to walk behind the car to do almost anything in my garage). I have to remember to turn it on in advance if I'm shopping for something and will want it to auto open.
I don't get why this would be an annoyance given the above specific scenario--do you carry your keyfob on you 24x7 or something? My EV6 is parked inside my garage when home; I do other stuff in my garage that doesn't involve my EV6 and yet I've never had to worry about the rear hatch automatically opening simply because I was in proximity of it...probably because I don't have a need to have my keyfob on me at that moment.

Although to be fair to your situation I could see how that would be an annoyance if say you had to walk past the rear of your car to get to the driver's door; however, unless you happen to be lingering around the back long enough to cause the rear hatch to automatically open I don't see how that would be an issue--there is a bit of a delay between when the car starts beeping to warn you that the rear hatch will auto-open and when the hatch actually starts to open; this is in place to give you time to walk past it in order to avoid an accidental trigger of the hatch automatically opening.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
@tonester yeah, detached garage so I'm not getting in it without my keys. The EV6 rear is right by the man door, so merely entering and turning to close the door behind me, open the garage door, and then carrying on is enough to trigger the hatch. I also have a shelf right behind the car etc. It doesn't trigger every time, but the fact I have to worry about it and often reach for the key fob to turn it off is annoying. Hence why having a specific trigger is a better UI design for me, instead of just being close by.

It's especially annoying when I'm moving stuff around, and it nearly triggers 6 times within a few minutes, and I need to make sure I don't linger so it doesn't.

So maybe a feature that temporarily disabled it? Like press lock twice on the fob?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts