Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,354 Posts
The KIA EV6 has an outside announcement system that tells us when we are charging, scheduled to charge… Can that system be used as a personal PA system?
Was not aware the car tells you when outside its charging?

Must be a USA option.

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
"STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE...ELECTROCUTION IN 10...9..8..."
Telsa cars give warnings on there tablet screen if your too close to the car, would be good if you could use the PA to say "Warning your too close to the care please back away"

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
OK not sure the UK version does that.

· Registered
26 Posts
I'm no longer hearing the "charging scheduled" notification when I plug in at home. It still charges at the correct time, just no audio confirmation when we plug in. I searched but didn't see any other like issues. Anyone else and if so any solutions? It's not a biggie as it still does charge when it's supposed to. Thanks!

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
I'm no longer hearing the "charging scheduled" notification when I plug in at home. It still charges at the correct time, just no audio confirmation when we plug in. I searched but didn't see any other like issues. Anyone else and if so any solutions? It's not a biggie as it still does charge when it's supposed to. Thanks!
Merged your thread with this one as it covers the same tin and explains where to find the settings for you.

· Registered
26 Posts
Merged your thread with this one as it covers the same tin and explains where to find the settings for you.
Unfortunately I checked the solution and system was already set for medium alert. I tried switching it to high but still doesn't make any sound. Any other ideas? It's not a big deal so will likely just have checked on next dealer visit.

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
Unfortunately I checked the solution and system was already set for medium alert. I tried switching it to high but still doesn't make any sound. Any other ideas? It's not a big deal so will likely just have checked on next dealer visit.
Sounds like a software issue that may require a dealer visit.

· Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
31 Posts
If you have your EVSE set to a charge schedule, it won't communicate with the car until the scheduled time, so the car doesn't really sense that it's plugged in and won't announce "Charging scheduled".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts