Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beyond the remote forward and back, can the GT Line pull itself into a parallel spot? Can it back into a perpendicular spot? I know this is a feature in Europe.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Yes, it can park itself into a parallel spot and pull itself out of one. As others have mentioned, it's activated by pressing and holding the Parking camera button on the center console. (Source: GT-Line)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Waiting to see any car that can do parallel parking in NYC. In principle, it should be able to do it -- humans manage it all the time. (6 inches front and back - piece of cake)

That said, I will be impressed. Perhaps, the "Upper West Side parking test" will be a standard metric for self-parking cars.

Beyond that, I would be gob smacked if a car could figure out the signs to know if it is legal to park there. Often enough, that is beyond human comprehension.

That's probably like level 11 autonomy.

·
Registered
502 Posts
After watching those video demonstrations I will be content with manually park my vehicle and show off the remote smart park assist as a parlor trick demo to friends. No way can I wait that long for smart park to be making so many minor corrections in order to get the car parked correctly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It works but it is scary as hell when you're inside the car. I was constantly hitting the brake because I thought it was going to hit the other cars. It got me so anxious that I finally had to cancel and park myself.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It works but it is scary as hell when you're inside the car. I was constantly hitting the brake because I thought it was going to hit the other cars. It got me so anxious that I finally had to cancel and park myself.
Wait til you try remote smart park from outside the car! I have tried it and it works but you really have to trust it not to hit the adjacent car.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
252 Posts
Wait til you try remote smart park from outside the car! I have tried it and it works but you really have to trust it not to hit the adjacent car.
I find it to be a lot less scary when you're outside the car because you can walk to where you can easily see the corners of the car and see that it actually has plenty of room. From inside it looks way too close, and I don't think you can turn on the camera views.

It actually does parallel parking very well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts