Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I park my current car, a manual transmission Honda Civic, in my level garage for any length of time, I’d got into the habit of leaving it in gear with the (manual) handbrake off. I live in a cool, damp climate and found that if I left the handbrake on for a week or so, the rear disc brakes would seize, although I was always able to release them.

Fast forward then to when I eventually buy an EV6, which is, of course, automatic and has an electronic handbrake. What would be the best way to leave it? Is there an equivalent to leaving it “in gear” with the parking brake off?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
613 Posts
When I park my current car, a manual transmission Honda Civic, in my level garage for any length of time, I’d got into the habit of leaving it in gear with the (manual) handbrake off. I live in a cool, damp climate and found that if I left the handbrake on for a week or so, the rear disc brakes would seize, although I was always able to release them.

Fast forward then to when I eventually buy an EV6, which is, of course, automatic and has an electronic handbrake. What would be the best way to leave it? Is there an equivalent to leaving it “in gear” with the parking brake off?
Regular PARK will be sufficient enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts