Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm if their passenger side door button locks/unlocks the door like the driver side does? For the life of me I can not get it to work. There is a button behind the handle so either it’s broken or it’s out there for no real good reason? I have the AWD Wind.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
252 Posts
Can anyone confirm if their passenger side door button locks/unlocks the door like the driver side does? For the life of me I can not get it to work. There is a button behind the handle so either it’s broken or it’s out there for no real good reason? I have the AWD Wind.
Do you mean inside or outside of the car?

Outside the car, if the key is in your pocket, pushing the button/indent in the passenger or driver door handle locks and unlocks all four doors.

Inside the car, the door lock/unlock buttons on the passenger door armrest (near the window button) lock and unlock all four doors.

Pulling the inside door handle to open the passenger door, when the doors are locked, unlocks ONLY the one door as well as opening the door.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a button behind the handle".

My car is somewhat different than yours. The GT-Line has the power door handles and the Wind does not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outside of the door. Pushing the button with the key in my pocket does nothing on the passenger door. The driver door works like it is supposed to. The screenshot below shows that the driver side only unlocks and locks? Which trim level do you have? Sorry I see you have GT now. If you pull the handle out there is a small black button that gets pushed in when you push the door handle in.
Font Screenshot Parallel Auto part Office supplies

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
252 Posts
Outside of the door. Pushing the button with the key in my pocket does nothing on the passenger door. The driver door works like it is supposed to. The screenshot below shows that the driver side only unlocks and locks? Which trim level do you have? Sorry I see you have GT now. If you pull the handle out there is a small black button that gets pushed in when you push the door handle in.
If you're pushing that indent and nothing is happening, then something is wrong. Either the button isn't working, or the key sensor isn't working. I would have the dealer look at it.

I'm pretty sure the "button" behind the handle is just a bumper stop for the handle so it doesn't rattle or rub against a painted surface.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Agree with the responses here. It should operate identically to the driver’s side door. You should touch the indent to unlock the car. I don’t think there’s a setting to disable that feature.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
If you read the first bullet under operation above, it says “(drivers side)” which almost makes me believe that this only functions on the drivers side only, not passenger side. Which doesn’t make sense because every car has the ability to unlock from the passenger side.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Push the handle toward the rear of the car. Make sure your key isn't bumped up against your phone as the NFC and/or Wireless charging stops the key from functioning correctly (security feature so it can't be scanned at close range). I have manual door handles and a right hand drive car, so my driver's side handle is your passenger handle and it works fine for both doors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it’s broken. I went to a dealer with an ev6 and confirmed the issue. Just wish I found this issue before purchasing. Crazy to think I would need to test the doors out. Oh well glad it’s under warranty I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar issue. When I lock the car from the passenger side it seems to lock but then a while later I get a notification via the mobile app saying the car is unlocked. This has happened dozens of times and I am pretty sure it is always the passenger front door

1 - 9 of 9 Posts