Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone!

Some of you may recognize me from the EV6 postings/conversations. I work at a dealer located just outside of Boise. We are currently accepting orders on the PHEV Sportage and we are not charging over MSRP (that could change in the future though).

I do have a couple coming in currently as well. I'll update this post as we get more inventory in.

To place a deposit/order please text me, I don't usually pick up calls from numbers I don't recognize.

Currently incoming (as of 8/1):

all vehicles have been claimed, Waiting for more.

Cody Wolfe
760-543-8064

·
Registered
164 Posts
It would be interesting if you posted EV6 if you sell without any markups. You guys are making more profit than ever in the history of vehicles sales. So markups should be out of the question.
I can send you couple people if you have at MSRP EV6 for sale.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be interesting if you posted EV6 if you sell without any markups. You guys are making more profit than ever in the history of vehicles sales. So markups should be out of the question.
I can send you couple people if you have at MSRP EV6 for sale.
EV6's are currently at $2500 over MSRP. We were at MSRP for about the first month but then we realized how limited the inventory was and the high demand and adjusted accordingly. Plus believe it or not, there only about $400-$600 between MSRP and invoice on the EV6. If kia wants to start pumping out more of these cars though I'm sure we would adjust as we are typically a volume dealership.

·
Registered
164 Posts
EV6's are currently at $2500 over MSRP. We were at MSRP for about the first month but then we realized how limited the inventory was and the high demand and adjusted accordingly. Plus believe it or not, there only about $400-$600 between MSRP and invoice on the EV6. If kia wants to start pumping out more of these cars though I'm sure we would adjust as we are typically a volume dealership.
My dad actually owns dealership not the Kia so I'm well aware of things that your boss is not telling you what is true profit on each vehicle sold especially at MSRP. And this is record year for profits from dealership's for the last couple decades. There is no need for market adjustment or markups. It just greedy dealers that paint the picture if you ask for explanation why there is markups.
Nothing personal but you are working also for one of greedy dealers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dad actually owns dealership not the Kia so I'm well aware of things that your boss is not telling you what is true profit on each vehicle sold especially at MSRP. And this is record year for profits from dealership's for the last couple decades. There is no need for market adjustment or markups. It just greedy dealers that paint the picture if you ask for explanation why there is markups.
Nothing personal but you are working also for one of greedy dealers
If he owns a domestic brand, than absolutely, lots of money to be made. Most profits come from back end sales, financing, and service though. Kia not so much.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If he owns a domestic brand, than absolutely, lots of money to be made. Most profits come from back end sales, financing, and service though. Kia not so much.
If I can ask how familiar are you with Dealership business.Are you sales agent or you actually have insight on what dealers really gets paid for selling new vehicles irrelevant to domestic or import vehicles.
I can't publicly speak about but if you are interested we can move to private chat. I do know personally because I have grown up in Dealership family.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I can ask how familiar are you with Dealership business.Are you sales agent or you actually have insight on what dealers really gets paid for selling new vehicles irrelevant to domestic or import vehicles.
I can't publicly speak about but if you are interested we can move to private chat. I do know personally because I have grown up in Dealership family.
I'm genuinely not interested in having a conversation with you about this. Dealership's are well regulated to ensure the utmost transparency and fair practices. Yes we are a for profit business, just like any other business in the world. That's the great thing about living in a capitalist market, you can either choose to do business with us or you can choose to go elsewhere. What profit the dealership makes isn't really a topic of conversation. If you want to talk about the clothing or food production industries and the atrocities that take place and the absurd 400-500% mark-ups in those industries and how they're truly exploiting people I'm happy to have that conversation with you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm genuinely not interested in having a conversation with you about this. Dealership's are well regulated to ensure the utmost transparency and fair practices. Yes we are a for profit business, just like any other business in the world. That's the great thing about living in a capitalist market, you can either choose to do business with us or you can choose to go elsewhere. What profit the dealership makes isn't really a topic of conversation. If you want to talk about the clothing or food production industries and the atrocities that take place and the absurd 400-500% mark-ups in those industries and how they're truly exploiting people I'm happy to have that conversation with you.
More power to you then.
You are after better commission i guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts