Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the nature of the EV6 dash layout I'm struggling to pinpoint a location to locate an iphone holder and don't want to order one without being sure.

Has anyone had any success here? If you have could you supply a picture please?

Cheers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i use the wireless charging pad and wireless carplay via an adapter... I hadn't even thought about a stand.
Yeah i'm mulling on this but a stand would give you nice easy access to the phone. The adaptor still means you've got to put your phone somewhere. And yes, you can put it next to you but then it's eyes off the road to find it etc. You know what i mean.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hmm looks a bit metal metal scratchy scratchy. Anyone got one of these?
Brodit are great....had many of their clip in holders over the years and never had a problem with any damage.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ah ok thx. Perhaps that clip is actually a form of plastic then. I'll definitely consider this then.
Yes, the clips are plastic and they often have a few position options for each car. You then also buy the holder for your specific phone and put them together. The clips themselves though just pop in and out.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I just use a wire for now, possibly get a wireless adapter, but I have my old vent holder which works kind of still on there EV6. can get them usually in £1 shop or similar. need a magnet under your phone case though, its like a metal disk. Don't use this anymore though since moving from Audi to EV6.

Output device Grey Peripheral Gadget Violet

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S RWD HP
48 Posts
i use the wireless charging pad and wireless carplay via an adapter
Same here, wireless charging and wireless Android Auto via AAWireless

The wireless charging pad in my old Niro hybrid was too small to take my OnePluse 8 Pro so I used one of these. It worked a treat
*the magnet on the back of the phone (or in the phone case) does blocks wireless charging though so it's not easy to switch between having the phone on the stand and having it on the wireless charger.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the clips are plastic and they often have a few position options for each car. You then also buy the holder for your specific phone and put them together. The clips themselves though just pop in and out.
Great, thanks. Have just placed my order. Clip and adjustable holder. Very helpful staff as i just wanted to make sure they were compatible so gave them a ring. 50 quid all in but i'll get the use out of it. Fingers crossed it turns up soon!

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
39 Posts
Great, thanks. Have just placed my order. Clip and adjustable holder. Very helpful staff as i just wanted to make sure they were compatible so gave them a ring. 50 quid all in but i'll get the use out of it. Fingers crossed it turns up soon!

This is something I will be looking at when I get my car. Would be good if you could review / post a few pics when installed(y)(y)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is something I will be looking at when I get my car. Would be good if you could review / post a few pics when installed(y)(y)
Definitely ill post back here. Just remember if you're ordering and your phone has a cover you need to order one of their adjustable ones with a width range that covers your phone+its cover. But yeah when i've got it installed i'll post back here.

Ta.

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
39 Posts
Definitely ill post back here. Just remember if you're ordering and your phone has a cover you need to order one of their adjustable ones with a width range that covers your phone+its cover. But yeah when i've got it installed i'll post back here.

Ta.
Thanks - I have now got used to removing my phone from it's cover when mounting it.

Used a Brodit mount many years ago, was very good!

·
Registered