Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT Line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, just thought I'd share the progress on my GT-Line AWD EV6 out here in Utah.

Wrapped in 3M Matte Pine Green Metallic. Car is originally black, so just left some areas unwrapped. (wanted to go for a "greener" green, but the vinyl couldn't be acquired unfortunately. I think it ended up pretty good though)
Wrapped KIA logos in gloss black
Chrome delete (wrapped in gloss black)
Windows tinted
Ceramic coated
Removed badges aside from the KIA logo

I'll likely get new wheels/tires here soon (i'm thinking bronze), painting the calipers, and will tint the reflectors. Maybe lowering springs when some options become available. Then we'll see what else can be done. First time modding an EV, we'll see where we can go with it. I traded into this from my Stinger GT2 (RIP) but I'm really enjoying this car so far (especially with the ever growing gas prices)

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
209 Posts
Looks great! I love the matte green. Did you do the wrap yourself? Did you ceramic the original black paint or the vinyl wrap?

·
Registered
2022 GT Line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! I love the matte green. Did you do the wrap yourself? Did you ceramic the original black paint or the vinyl wrap?
I was very tempted to try to do the wrap myself, but ended up going to a wrap shop to do it since I haven't done it before. I didn't want to potentially do a crappy wrap job then spend the $ on ceramic coating it for it to just start peeling up soon lol. I'd love to learn to wrap though.

The whole car was ceramic coated after wrapping. So the windows, wrapped sections, and unwrapped bits.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was very tempted to try to do the wrap myself, but ended up going to a wrap shop to do it since I haven't done it before. I didn't want to potentially do a crappy wrap job then spend the $ on ceramic coating it for it to just start peeling up soon lol. I'd love to learn to wrap though.

The whole car was ceramic coated after wrapping. So the windows, wrapped sections, and unwrapped bits.
Would you mind sharing what you paid to have it wrapped. This looks fantastic. I absolutely love the color.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Looks tremendous! Green is one of the last colours I'd pick for a car but I absolutely love this, might have to change my mind :)

FYI, you might want to peel the orange dots off your wheels before the adhesive becomes difficult to remove.

Regarding DIY vinyl, I decided to do a DIY vinyl on my wheels to blackout the silver bits, and it was time-consuming and difficult. That said, I learned enough that I don't think I'd be afraid to tackle a full-car wrap, but eyes wide open about all the edges and creases and the inherent difficulty there.

·
Registered
2022 GT Line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you mind sharing what you paid to have it wrapped. This looks fantastic. I absolutely love the color.
I believe it was about $2k before tax (just under 2.3k out the door i think), which was a fantastic deal compared to other shops I checked with. They specialized in commercial vehicle wraps, and I have a couple small nit picks with it, but for the price I had my expectations set appropriately.
For 2 coats of ceramic coating it was $799. Luckily I had actually won a voucher for this at a car meet, so it was free for me. Haven't had it on long enough to know how it does with keeping it clean. I haven't even washed it yet. Just had it done on monday this week.

·
Registered
2022 GT Line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks tremendous! Green is one of the last colours I'd pick for a car but I absolutely love this, might have to change my mind :)

FYI, you might want to peel the orange dots off your wheels before the adhesive becomes difficult to remove.

Regarding DIY vinyl, I decided to do a DIY vinyl on my wheels to blackout the silver bits, and it was time-consuming and difficult. That said, I learned enough that I don't think I'd be afraid to tackle a full-car wrap, but eyes wide open about all the edges and creases and the inherent difficulty there.
Haha thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting 🤦‍♂️
I've played with the idea of powder coating the stock wheels and keeping them...but I just don't care for the design much unfortunately. But perhaps doing a trial run with black vinyl like you did would be a good way to decide

·
Registered
246 Posts
I believe it was about $2k before tax (just under 2.3k out the door i think), which was a fantastic deal compared to other shops I checked with. They specialized in commercial vehicle wraps, and I have a couple small nit picks with it, but for the price I had my expectations set appropriately.
For 2 coats of ceramic coating it was $799. Luckily I had actually won a voucher for this at a car meet, so it was free for me. Haven't had it on long enough to know how it does with keeping it clean. I haven't even washed it yet. Just had it done on monday this week.
Damn that's not bad at all... I've thought about wrapping mine and I would definitely do a green color. That Green Satin wrap that was posted here about a month ago also looked really good.

·
Registered
2022 GT Line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn that's not bad at all... I've thought about wrapping mine and I would definitely do a green color. That Green Satin wrap that was posted here about a month ago also looked really good.
I just ran across that post today. Looks like a very similar color! Your red might be a bit more work to wrap though, since they'd have to go deeper in the panel seams to avoid having it show at the edges. Luckily with my base color being black it wasn't much of a concern

Also, looks like we've got the same cars in our garage haha. I've got a green Telluride SX nightfall (2" lift, bull bar, wheel/tire swap. Love it!)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just ran across that post today. Looks like a very similar color! Your red might be a bit more work to wrap though, since they'd have to go deeper in the panel seams to avoid having it show at the edges. Luckily with my base color being black it wasn't much of a concern

Also, looks like we've got the same cars in our garage haha. I've got a green Telluride SX nightfall (2" lift, bull bar, wheel/tire swap. Love it!)
Yeah Telluride is a really nice car. I was just commenting the other day how I barely drive it anymore since the EV6 is so much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Pictures of your blacked out wheels?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beautiful color! I’ve been conditioned to be scared of matte though. :confused: Has anyone found a wrap to approximate the not-available-in-US forest green?
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

I’ve seen this video on the forum (Satin/Matte again)…

And came across this in Google searching (touch too black? Not enough blue?)

Has anyone looked into this? Or have tips on color matching? OEM Color codes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts