Votes: 6 15.4%
  • There is only the Kia EV6

Votes: 2 5.1%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're assuming you've made the (correct) decision that the EV6 is the best EV out there. Why else would you be here? But if you HAD TO choose a runner up, what's your choice for the second-best EV?

Have you already ordered an EV6? If so, be sure to share your selection in our EV6 Reservation Tracker.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have looked at, and discarded for one reason or another, all the ones on your list, so, at this price point, if not the EV6 then Audi Q4. However, if you are willing to spend another £20-30k then Jaguar I-Pace tops them all.
Just my personal opinion of course.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rather complicated for me:
1. I would like to have a car in Q1 2022...I've been without a second car for almost six months now. I work from home so its not the end of the world...but
2. I want to be eligible for the tax credit. If I am not, I will likely make sure I buy a vehicle not eligible for the credit as a matter of principle. This has me looking to do a last minute buy of a ford mustang EV if I need to sneak a purchase in this year, or possible upgrading to Porshe Taycan cross turismo next year.
3. All this said my #2 independent of the above is the Hyundai...If I could get it as quick as the EV6 I might make this switch to get the better visibility. This is super important to me, even with all the cool camera stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have reservations for an EV6 GT Line and a Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate. I am leaning EV6 but I want to test drive them both. I also want to get the Canada iZEV grant. If I cannot get the grant then I will look at the Mercedes EQB. The EQB may be grant eligible because of its extra row of seats. Pricing and delivery in Canada is still unknown but they are talking about US delivery in the spring.
  • a vehicle with seven or more seats, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $55,000; and
    • higher priced versions of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $60,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you aren't bothered about OTA system updates then the ev6 is all the car you'll ever need. On the other hand if like me you desire OTA system updates (not just maps) then you might wish to look at an alternative vehicle. I've decided not to go ahead with the purchase of an ev6 GT till I have more information. If nothing changes then I'll be purchasing a BMW i4 M50.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’ve now owned an ID.4, Model Y, and Mach-E.

Since I don’t have a kids, it’s Mach-E all the way and hope the EV6 will be the same. It sporty and fun and handles more like a sedan than SUV. Now if I had to take long roads trips, the tire/road noise and firm suspension would steer me to the Model Y or ID.4

I suspect the EV6 will be similar… awesome city car but something less enjoyable for road trips. I’ve always said the ID.4 is a couch on wheels but my car had endless glitches (first year and all).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've went with "there is only the EV6". There's a reason it was the car that finally made me jump to EVs.

Before I put in my order for an EV6 I did have a refundable deposit down for a Mach-E standard range AWD. I used to own an S550 Mustang GT with all the extra + modifications and I got suckered in by the marketing. When I finally saw one it was the most awkward thing in terms of proportions to me.

The EV6 also drives like my old Mustang (albeit with steering that is a little lighter) since in reality it's not an SUV but an Estate/Wagon (it's not as tall as you think), where the Mach-E rides too tall to really drive well and it can't seem to settle down. The build quality wasn't great, and for the exact same price as the EV6 AWD I have on order (£48,000) the Mach-E had 50 less horsepower and 70 miles fewer real world range once I looked at testing. The recall for the roof falling off was the cherry on top.

The interior of the ID4 (in fact the entire VW range on that platform) is rubbish: non-backlit capacitive strips for every function, cheap plastic and they're painfully underpowered for the cash. They're also not very efficient; an ID4 with FWD gets about the same range as a dual motor EV6 that has 120 more horsepower!

Teslas have awful ergonomics and build quality is shocking. If something goes wrong then getting parts is a nightmare with horror stories about their service department in abundance. The acceleration is mind bending and they're reasonably tidy to drive (even if the steering is a bit woolly), but my god, that build quality. My Brother's Model 3 LR looks like it was slapped together by drunkards. It's bizarrely loud inside, too, like they didn't put enough sound deadening material in to calm the road noise. Range claims are woefully overstated. 360 miles? More like 260.

I think the GV60 is ugly.

Not a fan of the Interior of the Ioniq 5. Feels a bit too open to me. Plus, it's made to be more comfortable to drive rather than sporty so it was never going to be on my list like with the ID range.

Polestar 2 is fine. I've just never been a fan of Volvos.

Q4 is as dull as ditch water.

If they were available in the UK at the time I ordered my EV6 then it would've been very stiff competition between the EV6 and the XPeng P7 Performance. A four door with equivalent range to the EV6 with performance somewhere between the GT-Line and GT with a chassis developed in conjunction with Porsche? Yes, please!

(Picture from the Norwegian launch event)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts