Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I park mine in a closed garage, so I always keep the car unlocked. But the electric door handles all stick out. Do I just manually push them back in one by one?? Will this damage the mechanism? I wonder if the designers thought about this when they designed the pop put handles or just blindly copied Tesla.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
48 Posts
I supect pushing them in may be detrimental. So what is the problem with locking the car in the garage? Does your car have the handles that pop out automatically? UK spec GT line cars don't only on GTL S

·
Registered
161 Posts
I park mine in a closed garage, so I always keep the car unlocked. But the electric door handles all stick out. Do I just manually push them back in one by one?? Will this damage the mechanism? I wonder if the designers thought about this when they designed the pop put handles or just blindly copied Tesla.
Not so sound too off here, but what difference does it make if the handles are in pop out position while in a closed garage? I'm pretty OCD myself so I get it, but honestly, so what? I'm more interested in disconnecting that beep beep beep back up alarm so I won't be confused for the UPS man. lol

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not so sound too off here, but what difference does it make if the handles are in pop out position while in a closed garage? I'm pretty OCD myself so I get it, but honestly, so what? I'm more interested in disconnecting that beep beep beep back up alarm so I won't be confused for the UPS man. lol
My Taycan has auto handles too but at least it pops up like a regular car handle, not jutting out, so will not catch anything when someone walks by. I have kids who like to run around the house and being kids, they will hurt themselves in the most unexpected way. All my cars are EVs, so I treat my garage as just another part of my house and my workspace, so dont want to have to carry my keys to unlock every time I go take something from my car. Oh well....

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
I know this is an old thread but doesn't have an answer.

Just in case someone swings by, I just learned this myself. Basically, it depends on your "Two Press Unlock" setting. If it's turned on, when you use the driver door's touch-sensor, only the driver door will unlock and will pop out. You can push the handle back in without locking the car and pop it back open anytime. If the setting is off, all doors will unlock and pop out and you can't push the other handles in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts