Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am ready to buy my first EV. Test drove one last week and loved it. I came across an article though saying that IL is getting a $4000 EV credit starting July 2022. Problem is I barely see any information on it. Plus there was one line I read that said something like for customers that income isn't greater than 80٪ of the area median income....

I have no clue how they decide it and just confused. Has anyone read about this?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think I am ready to buy my first EV. Test drove one last week and loved it. I came across an article though saying that IL is getting a $4000 EV credit starting July 2022. Problem is I barely see any information on it. Plus there was one line I read that said something like for customers that income isn't greater than 80٪ of the area median income....

I have no clue how they decide it and just confused. Has anyone read about this?
Information is hard to find, I read the actual bill and it’s legit with a few caveats. The bill is only funded with $6 million dollars, enough for 1500 cars. Paying out rebates will be prioritized by income level, the lower your income, the faster you get paid. There is some mechanism to replenish it via a tax on fleet vehicles but I can’t find any information on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Information is hard to find, I read the actual bill and it’s legit with a few caveats. The bill is only funded with $6 million dollars, enough for 1500 cars. Paying out rebates will be prioritized by income level, the lower your income, the faster you get paid. There is some mechanism to replenish it via a tax on fleet vehicles but I can’t find any information on that.
Thanks, so from the looks of it you decided not to wait for July and just buy the car now uh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts