Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 FE - Silver & Charger
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - first time potential EV buyer here. Previous rides, in order of appearance:

1989 Audi 200 (in 2003...)
1997 F150 (in 2004, as aforementioned Audi was... difficult)
2006 Wrangler
1970something 12-speed diesel fire truck converted to dump truck
Avenger Class Mine Countermeasures Ship
San Antonio Class Amphibious Transport Dock
2014 Audi S5, manual
2015 Subaru Outback
2001 VW Cabrio

Getting a little bit of cold feet as it seems EV sales are outpacing EV infrastructure, at least in the US. Leaning toward a PHEV or even one more fast gas car before everything goes electric. Anybody here recovered from crippling range anxiety?

I did just discover that in GA you can charge "Super Off Peak" for $0.01/kwh, 11PM-7AM, so that sweetens the pot big time - being able to charge at home for quarters and pennies. Main concern is destination charging, ever since I saw the Supercharger MADNESS outside of Yosemite.

Overall I think this EV6 is a really awesome car and value, and my persistent excitement paid off with a Day 1 reservation (before they shut it down). As long as the dealer doesn't go evil or the seats are lumpy, I think seeing and driving it will seal the deal.

Glad to be here, thanks for the advance intel from overseas, and good luck to all FE rez holders!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I own a RAV4 Prime and it’s an amazing car… even if it’s a PHEV. Engineering marvel that in EV mode basically drives like an ID.4 and is Tesla Model 3 Standard Range fast (0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds).

Lets face reality, if you live outside of California and take road trips you will have range anxiety. Get a Model Y if you don’t want range anxiety and can live with compromises. While I loved my Mach-E… my last trip with it sealed its fate. I hated charging at Electrify America stations that were too spread out. I suspect I would have kept it if I had the Extended Range version and avoided long road trips with it. I would NEVER consider the smaller battery on the EV6 unless you solely used it for city commuting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts