Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
216 Posts
I would say cut the, out. I covered mine, but they were less sensitive, so I had them cut out. Also covered the radar panel with no trouble.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line RWD, Aurora Black Pearl
12 Posts
I covered the ones on the front and rear, and cut out the side recessed ones. Haven't noticed any issues thus far but didn't do any precise before/after testing either.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
216 Posts
Did they reduce the phantom warnings? haha. I still get them every two or three days.
Haha!

With the PPF over the sensors, I wasn’t getting as many warnings for anything until I was way too close. Without, it’s all back to normal. That said, I rarely get phantom warnings. I think I get more reminders to keep my hands on the wheel when they clearly are than the front sensor phantom warnings. I guess I have a very light touch on the wheel. ROFL

BTW, I was able to go about 2 minutes, maybe a little more, with no hands on the wheel on a long, straight stretch of interstate before it warned me. Usually, if there’s any kind of curve or jog in the nav map, it will warn me immediately. No it’s not a habit, just testing the limits and responses. Finally got some somewhat consistent lane changes to work too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Haha!

With the PPF over the sensors, I wasn’t getting as many warnings for anything until I was way too close. Without, it’s all back to normal. That said, I rarely get phantom warnings. I think I get more reminders to keep my hands on the wheel when they clearly are than the front sensor phantom warnings. I guess I have a very light touch on the wheel. ROFL

BTW, I was able to go about 2 minutes, maybe a little more, with no hands on the wheel on a long, straight stretch of interstate before it warned me. Usually, if there’s any kind of curve or jog in the nav map, it will warn me immediately. No it’s not a habit, just testing the limits and responses. Finally got some somewhat consistent lane changes to work too.
Try PPFing the steering wheel 😆🤣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts