Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line RWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Husband is Primary and I am a Secondary drive of our EV6--we have Off Peak and a new super off peak hour option through SRP. Husband entered a Remote Charging schedule utilizing the Mazimize off-peak schedule and I tried to enter a schedule utiitzing the During off-peak hours only option BUT we seem to cancel out each others schedule. I cannot find any info in either the Guide or the Manual about how the app or car treats Primary and Secondary drivers. Anyone else?

·
Registered
166 Posts
If the car handles charging schedules by user profile it's a bug or bad design. That is just plain wrong.

But not surprising at all. The whole charging schedule thingie is just not working.

It can just be that it appears like the schedule is per profile and what really happens is the the shcedule is reset anyway. Our ev6 resets the schedule all the time and that with just one profile used. Completely useless.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What charger do you use? The ChargePoint Home Flex I have can also schedule the charging time. If the charger you have can do that, turn off the EV6 schedule and let the charger take care of the schedule.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Husband is Primary and I am a Secondary drive of our EV6--we have Off Peak and a new super off peak hour option through SRP. Husband entered a Remote Charging schedule utilizing the Mazimize off-peak schedule and I tried to enter a schedule utiitzing the During off-peak hours only option BUT we seem to cancel out each others schedule. I cannot find any info in either the Guide or the Manual about how the app or car treats Primary and Secondary drivers. Anyone else?
I was looking the other day to see if the manual mentioned anything about tying key fob ID to driver profile, and what I found is that it doesn't mention user profiles anywhere in the manual whatsoever.

In other words, no, not a clue. EDIT: That said, my car DOES have two profiles, and I've only bothered with charge schedule on my own that it's usually in. Maybe if you just disable charge scheduling on the other profile, it'll obey the schedule of the first? Maybe even if you leave the car in the disabled-schedule-profile?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Our car has two profiles and two app users. Both have to set Daylight savings, but my charging schedule (first/main profile?) is followed. The other user does not have one set but it does not matter if that is the current profule in the car.

But the schedule will use the clock setting in the current profile.. Which means it can be an hour earlier or later if only one of the profiles has DST set. Impressive in a way, but wrong.

The whole profile concept has issues with what is and should be the users settings and the cars.

Another example of this is the seat extender. It does pull the seat back relative to the profiles seat settings. Which can mean that even the "longest back on poweroff" setting is closer to the steering wheel than what the other user has as seat settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts