Kia EV6 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got the one (Glacier White). I'm targeting the Fisker Ocean for myself next year. As for the reservations I think many were turned off by the price coming in at $58,500; when up to now most have marketed this car in the 45K to 50K range. That reservation issue last week didn't help either. I almost walked away myself because of Kia's terrible communication and customer service issues. This is not just a knee jerk reaction to last Tuesday's snafu. I can speak to this firsthand as I've been an Optima owner for the past 10 years and their customer service is awful. I'm mainly doing the EV6 because my wife is in love with the look of the car and I was hoping to give Kia one more chance as they venture into a new electrical era. But so far the start has been rocky IMO. I still might back out if the dealership tries to tack on additional charges upon delivery. Heck, if this new tax credit goes through a Model Y will definitely be more worthwhile. But for now I made sure to at least keep my name in the hat. Just in case. However, what I just described is what I feel many others are struggling with when it comes to moving forward with the EV6. It looks sexy and promising but can you really see yourself paying 60K+ for a Kia if you're not getting the 576hp GT?
I agreed with you…. For the current price should be the GT, if there is no price correction I will get the MY

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m going to drive an ID4 today as a matter of fact. It’s a First Edition too! $46,000

I remember being out of work in Dec for surgery when they opened up the ID4 reservations. Then in Jan a month later, they had more ID4 FE’s up for grabs. Lots of issues with them too I see.
Enjoy your test? I did, found it quiet and from the EV6/Ioniq 5 specs, I believe roomier. Did dealer mention progress on AWD models? Awaiting word on 2022 model adjustments, except the potential $52k+ price creep.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts