Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I collected my EV6 in Sussex on Wednesday. Within an hour, I could not power it down or lock it. Managed to get it to the dealer - software upgrade. Take it home alarm keeps going off. Next day drivers door won't open not from outside or inside. Alarm still keeps going off. Take it back to the dealer "needs a part, don't know how long it will take" car now at dealers until further notice - am I unlucky or anyone else seeing these type of problems?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cancelled my order last week.
No way am I prepared to pay £50k+ to keep going back to the dealership for a software update. It disappoints me to do this because Kia really do have something here with the EV6, but for 3 months of waiting and CONSTANTLY reading 'SOFTWARE UPDATE', it puts me right off. IMHO I think they've got the car right, just not the electronics/software. A real shame, but no regrets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got mine from Tates Pyecombe, with my first issue after just one hour they told me to call the RAC! Found a post on this forum so I walked away from vehicle hid my keys in a bush (car would not even lock) then returned to car and I could power it down. I was annoyed they did not check for all current software updates before handing the car to me. The alarm issue is just annoying, the door issue is worrying. I do expect a bit of software upgrades but ... They lent me a Kia Ceed auto and apart from the obvious electric drive all the other electronic features seem identical to the EV6. For the one day I drove it loved it! Never spent anything like this on a car before and had a Niro plug in before which was fab beginning to feel I should have upgraded to a Niro E instead.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Got mine from Tates Pyecombe, with my first issue after just one hour they told me to call the RAC! Found a post on this forum so I walked away from vehicle hid my keys in a bush (car would not even lock) then returned to car and I could power it down. I was annoyed they did not check for all current software updates before handing the car to me. The alarm issue is just annoying, the door issue is worrying. I do expect a bit of software upgrades but ... They lent me a Kia Ceed auto and apart from the obvious electric drive all the other electronic features seem identical to the EV6. For the one day I drove it loved it! Never spent anything like this on a car before and had a Niro plug in before which was fab beginning to feel I should have upgraded to a Niro E instead.
That’s mental they don’t check for software updates. I’m lucky my dealer in Crawley is really switched on with updates, have they checked 12v battery regarding your alarm issue?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Will do if it continues after I get it back - thanks
Their service department may not be switched on. If it were me, I’d be asking them directly if they have checked the charge on 12v battery.

Sometimes, logically unrelated things can cause issues - given the alarm will rely on the 12v battery it’s worth checking

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I called Tates today for an update on when my part is arriving and they said it is expected on 14th APRIL! I was speechless, apparently the problem is now with the UK Kia director of aftersales, a guy called Nick Herd. I was quite frankly speechless - buy an EV6 at your peril I am afraid.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
So I called Tates today for an update on when my part is arriving and they said it is expected on 14th APRIL! I was speechless, apparently the problem is now with the UK Kia director of aftersales, a guy called Nick Herd. I was quite frankly speechless - buy an EV6 at your peril I am afraid.
Did they say what part you needed?

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Drivers door lock/handle.
Really they are saying April for a part they are fitting everyday on the production line, come on Kia that's not good enough.

They could ship the parts via Courier and have them to the dealer by the end of the week.

Reactions: Bydandie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still no solution apparently no parts for this in the UK - waiting for a phone call tomorrow. Sales manager said "we want to keep happy". My response "I am not happy so how are you going to keep me happy"?

See what they come back with and then I will go on the offensive on social media with my experience.

·
Registered