Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a protective cap to cover the DC charging port in my Ev6 but I am surprised to see nothing to protect the J1772 port. Even though the door has a seal around the charging ports but I can still see dust, dirt, and may be even moisture can enter the charging port. With my 3D printer I designed and made this flexible protective cap to give my charging port some additional protection against the elements.
Hood Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Circle Electric blue Serveware Metal Personal protective equipment

Hood Automotive tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
287 Posts
There is a protective cap to cover the DC charging port in my Ev6 but I am surprised to see nothing to protect the J1772 port. Even though the door has a seal around the charging ports but I can still see dust, dirt, and may be even moisture can enter the charging port. With my 3D printer I designed and made this flexible protective cap to give my charging port some additional protection against the elements.
View attachment 4567 View attachment 4569
View attachment 4568
May I ask what 3D printer you are using for something like this? 😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use a PRUSA MK3 printer, one of the best and reliable 3D printers on the market.
You should disclose if you are actively marketing/selling a product regardless of its merits. People primarily go on these forums to listen to users experiences. Personally i would be upset if i was being baited into a product pitch by unknowingly clicking into an infomercial

I see these exact photos on Ebay.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You should disclose if you are actively marketing/selling a product regardless of its merits. People primarily go on these forums to listen to users experiences. Personally i would be upset if i was being baited into a product pitch by unknowingly clicking into an infomercial

I see these exact photos on Ebay.
OP posted a sale link for his product in a different thread:

Charging port cover thread--includes product link

·
Registered
502 Posts
Admin: please delete my post. I don’t want to mislead anyone. I am a EV6 owner just want to share an idea.
IMHO I don't think you were intending to mislead anyone with your product post but I can see how some folks could construe it as product advertising/placement. I think most folks here are pleased to see members like yourself step up and try to come up with a solution to an issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I dont see a reason it should be covered tho. I had a chevy Volt before this for 3 years and always had dust or water get around the port. Never affected my charging at all. I can understand having the DC covered when you're using just level 1 or 2 charging.

·
Registered
92 Posts
View attachment 4567 View attachment 4569
View attachment 4568
Thanks, great product, perfect fit. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
252 Posts
Thank you so much. It's perfect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts