Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a Black Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD. I love the car and am happy to drive a state of the art EV without putting more money into Elon Musk's pocket. I got kinda screwed over by Tesla and ending up losing a $250 deposit for a car that they were never going to deliver to me. But this car is better in so many ways and I get my Apple CarPlay which I have wanted for years.

I look forward to reading your posts and being involved in the forum. This is a whole new world for me so I want to be sure I am getting all the best info from other more experienced EV owners.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Congrats on the new EV! The black does look great. I've only had mine a few days (not even a week old!) so I'm still reading the manual and learning everything I can about this great car. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new EV! The black does look great. I've only had mine a few days (not even a week old!) so I'm still reading the manual and learning everything I can about this great car. Enjoy the ride!
Yep. That is my project for the week. There's a lot to read and a lot to configure. I'm working my way through the manuals.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a Black Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD. I love the car and am happy to drive a state of the art EV without putting more money into Elon Musk's pocket. I got kinda screwed over by Tesla and ending up losing a $250 deposit for a car that they were never going to deliver to me. But this car is better in so many ways and I get my Apple CarPlay which I have wanted for years.

I look forward to reading your posts and being involved in the forum. This is a whole new world for me so I want to be sure I am getting all the best info from other more experienced EV owners.
Keep us posted on how the ownership experience goes. I'm picking up a Wind/AWD with Tech Package tomorrow. Looking forward to the new ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish I could get my hands on GT-line AWD EV6 for MSRP. I mean 60k MSRP is no chump change. The idea that a dealer expects me to pay 10k above that is unbelievable. A lightly used Tesla long range model 3 with FSD (2018/2019) can be had for about 50k straight from Tesla. Gonna have to wait.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
I wish I could get my hands on GT-line AWD EV6 for MSRP. I mean 60k MSRP is no chump change. The idea that a dealer expects me to pay 10k above that is unbelievable. A lightly used Tesla long range model 3 with FSD (2018/2019) can be had for about 50k straight from Tesla. Gonna have to wait.
I went out of state to get exactly what I wanted at msrp.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
233 Posts
In a thread on this forum, there is a link to a dealer markup tracker here.

Depending on where you're at, I know that Doug Smith Kia in American Fork, UT is selling at MSRP and they had what you wanted a week or so ago.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I went to cars.com and entered my maximum radius. I left email inquiries for MSRP. I got a half dozen replies in the ball park and ended up buying from my closest dealer. I got MSRP but I was stuck with Low-jack and Cilajet which were already on the car. Both weren't deal breakers. I did add an extended warranty because I come from a scientific equipment background and I know what I won't be able to repair myself. It's transferable if I sell it.

You will save big bucks without gas bills and maintenance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you know anyone in or around the state of texas that offers these at MSRP?
I've called several dealers in the DFW area. All have screwed me around or told me $10K markup. Except for Huffines Kia in McKinney.. I've placed an order with them. They have said no markups or addons from the beginning. Didn't even charge me a deposit to place the order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Congratulations - Great looking car!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I got MSRP but I was stuck with Low-jack and Cilajet which were already on the car.
Do you know if it was an actual LoJack device that was installed or some other third-party vehicle tracking feature being touted as a LoJack equivalent? Just curious because the dealership I purchased my FE from tried to sneak in a LoJack-like option to the final sales price, to which I told them to remove it as I had previously indicated no dealer add-ons or markups; they promptly removed it from the total price. I suspect it was probably some small GPS tracking device or perhaps some software-based tool that takes advantage of the EV6's built-in modem--after all, Kia offers its own stolen vehicle recovery feature that's included with the Kia Connect Premium plan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's really LoJack. They didn't give me a choice. Maybe I could have spent more time negotiating. As it was, I was there an entire day. I was exhausted. Of course that is their strategy. I know I am not the best negotiator. Fortunately I have other skills that allow me to blow too much money on a car.

Yeah it seems stupid that they would put LoJack on this car since Kia offers their own similar feature for this car. But this is what some dealers do because it's a high profit add-on for them. They do it for all their cars with no regard to the specific features of the model. They also put the CilaJet for $1,295 and some stupid 3M door guard which looks like tape on the edge of the door for $595!

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
It's really LoJack. They didn't give me a choice. Maybe I could have spent more time negotiating. As it was, I was there an entire day. I was exhausted. Of course that is their strategy. I know I am not the best negotiator. Fortunately I have other skills that allow me to blow too much money on a car.

Yeah it seems stupid that they would put LoJack on this car since Kia offers their own similar feature for this car. But this is what some dealers do because it's a high profit add-on for them. They do it for all their cars with no regard to the specific features of the model. They also put the CilaJet for $1,295 and some stupid 3M door guard which looks like tape on the edge of the door for $595!
Very similar to my experience. The fact is, the dealership has a lot of leverage. It's all bundled and they wouldn't budge on taking anything off. That's the price we pay for getting the car we want right now. As dumb as this extra stuff is, I just accept it for what it is and move on, especially every time I walk into my garage and see my beauty there. No regrets! :D

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
If you got forced into accessories you didn't want don't be afraid to mention it and weigh it into your Kia buying experience survey. Within a week or two after purchase, expect to get an email from Kia corporate about your buying experience, be honest about it. If the dealer wore you out in negotiations, told you one price and wouldn't honor it, forced you to take their markup, accessories or financing, tell them about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've called several dealers in the DFW area. All have screwed me around or told me $10K markup. Except for Huffines Kia in McKinney.. I've placed an order with them. They have said no markups or addons from the beginning. Didn't even charge me a deposit to place the order.
That is great info thanks. I'll contact them tomorrow. How long do they estimate before you get your order?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts