Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my matte gray that someone had ordered and then declined. I bought it from Moe at Hilltop Kia in Richmond, which was a little bit of a hike for me from Los Altos, but well worth it.

I had reached out to them only because I had heard good things about them when I was shopping for a Telluride some time ago. Super smooth sales process, no pressure to buy any add-ons, all of which I politely declined. I was in and out of the dealership in about an hour. Moe was great ... surprisingly knowledgeable about the car and walked me through some of the menus, helped debug why the HUD didnt seem to come on (turned out it was just set at a very low level) etc.

I've been driving all-electric since I preordered the first Nissan Leaf, and am swapping out my most recent EV (a Tesla Model 3) for this EV6 and I couldn't be happier. This is my first Kia tho' ... and any advice would be much appreciated.

Like others have said, no free gift for second-handers like me :-(

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
227 Posts
It's a great car. Be ready for many conversations with neighbors, etc. Even if they are used to Teslas & Leafs, this is a showstopper. You'll probably want to protect the matte finish with ceramic coating or PPF. Tons of discussion about those on this forum. My only other advice is to ignore the range estimate (GOM) for a while until the car figures out the local topography and how you like to drive.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just picked up my matte gray that someone had ordered and then declined. I bought it from Moe at Hilltop Kia in Richmond, which was a little bit of a hike for me from Los Altos, but well worth it.

I had reached out to them only because I had heard good things about them when I was shopping for a Telluride some time ago. Super smooth sales process, no pressure to buy any add-ons, all of which I politely declined. I was in and out of the dealership in about an hour. Moe was great ... surprisingly knowledgeable about the car and walked me through some of the menus, helped debug why the HUD didnt seem to come on (turned out it was just set at a very low level) etc.

I've been driving all-electric since I preordered the first Nissan Leaf, and am swapping out my most recent EV (a Tesla Model 3) for this EV6 and I couldn't be happier. This is my first Kia tho' ... and any advice would be much appreciated.

Like others have said, no free gift for second-handers like me :-(

Howdy, Neighbor. I just bought #509 from Elk Grove Kia. Glacier - sort of a light tan. Disneyland "E" ride. Starfighter on magnetic rails. I thought it handled like a BMW and then I found this Kia video that confirmed my suspicions.

I've have a Mach e GTPE on order for five months now with no estimated delivery, so I looked at this and found something better!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts