Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what you should know about mileage, I can tell you ,that you well not see the EPA range on the highway.
Most reviews of the AWD are getting around 225 miles highway driving, I well say that is a good estimate.
But there are a lot of variables, like, grades, wind, speed,. and more SPEED
here is one example, I left Las Vegas, for a So Cal. EV charge station that was 175 miles away, I had 213 range @95% charge,
I had a 30mph plus headwind, doing 80mph up grades, long story short , i had to reroute to closer charger, and I ended up @2.4 kwh per mile, That is only 170.4 miles on that charge
For stress free long distance driving ,i would just plan stations about every 150 miles,. and all ways give at least 50 miles of extra range from what the lie o meter tells you.
On my 4 other charges at highway speeds, i gave 60 miles of extra range , and each time i cut into that buffer range by 40 to 60 %, so plan accordingly.
that brings me to true range, ok 20% to 80% is the sweet spot of your battery , run it below 20% A lot , well degrade it over time, high speed charge over 80ish% takes its toll over time
So that really leaves 60% useable of the 225 miles the car is getting in real life.
Now that is not to say you cant push the battery to 5%, or high speed to 100, but again not the best for the battery.
So what did I leave out , oh ya , it charged fast , 21 min max charge time from 16 /95% avg charge of 170kw [from a 150hw charger],
and 239 kw frow a 350 charger.
The charging worked out to be stress free [ thank god]
The HDA driving mode is amazing.
Keep a microfiber cloth with ya as the front screen and the shinny black on the doors is a finger print magnet
After 1000 miles I now avg 3.0 kwh on mileage, no issues.
City driving in eco i was getting 3.8 kwh
WE love the car, and expect lots of people looking and asking questions about it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I average 3.1 miles/kwh after 1500 miles with the car. I drive mostly on freeways with speed between 70-80mph. I get sometimes 3.4 m/kwh if I drive at or below 70mph, but that's no fun...

I had a long drive this weekend - exactly100 miles each way. The car was at 100%in the morning. First leg was at 6:30am, and cabin heater + heated seats + steering wheel heater on. I would estimate cruising speed at ~75mph. I took the wheel for the return trip, and I kept it at the same 70-75mph cruising speed as I was mostly playing with the adaptive cruise control and audio features. I reached home with ~15 miles left from the battery.

I didn't expect it would actually travel 275 miles with a full battery, but also expected more like 240 miles given the driving style used. Given the fact that there are EV chargers every 5-10 miles along major freeways and a lot more in every town now, I feel more like range anxiety is not there anymore, and I will keep driving the car to enjoy the time, and not to squeeze every mile from it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I average 3.1 miles/kwh after 1500 miles with the car. I drive mostly on freeways with speed between 70-80mph. I get sometimes 3.4 m/kwh if I drive at or below 70mph, but that's no fun...

I had a long drive this weekend - exactly100 miles each way. The car was at 100%in the morning. First leg was at 6:30am, and cabin heater + heated seats + steering wheel heater on. I would estimate cruising speed at ~75mph. I took the wheel for the return trip, and I kept it at the same 70-75mph cruising speed as I was mostly playing with the adaptive cruise control and audio features. I reached home with ~15 miles left from the battery.

I didn't expect it would actually travel 275 miles with a full battery, but also expected more like 240 miles given the driving style used. Given the fact that there are EV chargers every 5-10 miles along major freeways and a lot more in every town now, I feel more like range anxiety is not there anymore, and I will keep driving the car to enjoy the time, and not to squeeze every mile from it.
I am charging at home. My drive is a mix of the highway and city drive. The car is used mostly in a suburbs commute. My charging app shows about 1523kWh of energy has been poured into my car over the life. This meter reading is higher than what is calculated by using car stats though. Current mileage on the car is 4578 miles. So far I am getting solid 3mi/kWh or 100MPGe. I think it is within manufacturer specs. I also did measured 0-60 with racebox. I got the best 4.6sec during 0-60 with slight downhill. In overall it is a decent efficiency and performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts